New Apple TV Teardown Reveals 8GB Flash Storage, 512MB RAM

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew Apple TV Teardown Reveals 8GB Flash Storage, 512MB RAM

Apple launched the new Apple TV alongside the third generation iPad at the media event on March 7th, which brings 1080p playback capabilities to the device and gets an all new user interface.

Forum member of XMBC.org has disassembled the new Apple TV to take a closer look inside.

The teardown has revealed some interesting details about the third generation Apple TV.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Supaa Stahh Marioo
    Supaa Stahh Marioo Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hate it when they make newer & more beautiful product but lack on specification. Apple can really do better -_-
  • @rtigz
    @rtigz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm glad that they doubled the RAM but wished they went with more. More Flash storage would be nice too. Once jailbroken I add more software.
  • Checkmate
    Checkmate Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    just got apple tv 3 and a bit disappointed that I can't play my video games using AirPlay only videos work on AirPlay but if u have and iPhone 4s or iPad 2 you can play games cuz it has mirroring option hopefully there will be a developer to add mirroring on iPhone 4 thru cydia cuz apple just wants everyone to buy new phones like always and it's sad that apple cant make there customers happy and support our devices that we pay a lot of money for especially that I pay 100$ for apple tv.i hope they jailbreak that apple tv and teach them a lesson for selling something that doesn't even give anything free lack of software and just so everyone know you only get 1080p if u buy movies in iTunes but don't think you will get AirPlay to be at 1080p cuz I'm still at 720p AirPlay should have just stay with the hdmi cable hope the jailbreak community will help this tv device like they always do cuz if it wasn't for the jailbreak community I would have not spend so much dam money on apple just to let you know apple the day you do win the cat and mouse game will be the day apple dies and becomes boring and away everyone will go to google and Microsoft and these companies support jailbreaking because they know it will open there devices with new ideas
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    They should let that software work like it does on the iPhone, install new apps.
  • Uzial666
    Uzial666 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I doubt something like XBMC will ever make it to AppleTV V3 as V2 has been jailbroken for ages and still has no XBMC, V3 is not much different other than it can do 1080p same amount of storage etc.I have a V1 and a V2 (Although just picked up a V3) I still love my V1 it's JB and has a external 1.5TB HD and has all my digital editions and some music on it's in a bedroom and it streams stuff to my V2 box ;-)
  • Shuaib
    Shuaib Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Spelling correction on this line "It is not the same A5 chip that powers iPhone 4 and iPad 2". You missed out an S on the iPhone 4
  • ereynell
    ereynell Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What u mean ? No xbmc on JB apple tv 2 ?I have it, why don't u have it ?
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've had xbmc on my atv2 for about 12 months, since the day I bought it! What you going on about?
  • Xbmc Rules
    Xbmc Rules Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ha ha what a fool. Not upto date at all. Take a look at xbmc.org before making ill informed comments. Of course Xbmc can be put on the atv2
  • Xbmc Rules
    Xbmc Rules Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Not upto date at all. Take a look at xbmc.org before making ill informed comments. Of course Xbmc can be put on the atv2
    ... Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    Options
    And someone stole your period key too. What a bad day for you!
  • IamAjailbreakWAITER
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I AM WAITING A LONG TIME FOR JAILBREAK FOR THE APPLE TV 3, WHEN WILL IT COME OUT ?IF NOT WITHIN A MONTH THEN I AM GOING TO SELL IT 1000000000000000000000000000%