FAA Changes Stance On Usage of iPads And Kindles During Takeoff And Landing

2»

Comments

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    they are being issued those as a replacement to carrying flight charts, tons of papers, etc.why carry a rolodex when you can carry your iphone that has all the contact info in it ?
  • Sirscottland
    Sirscottland Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The 10000ft rule has to do with the aircraft being on a critical phase of flight.. Planes usually at this altitude are flying in or around very congested airspace and airports.. The pilots of that's planes need all flight critical instruments without the possibility of losing them or being interfered, especially when an aircraft is encountering IFR conditions.. I'm a pilot and air traffic controller and have dealt with many of these issues... I'm not saying it right but until they further examine this I don't see why people can't just wait 15 minutes.. I'm glued to my tech devices but if me turning this stuff off for 15 minutes helps the pilots and ATC get me flying safe, well then that's what's has to happen..
  • AppleCider
    AppleCider Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    How do you know that the 5 year old in seat 34C has turned his ipad to flight mode just before take off? Wouldn't this make you more anxious?
  • AppleCider
    AppleCider Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Not in our country.
  • Joker
    Joker Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    FAA is over cautious. One can understand that a transmitting device or wifi etc could affect flight controls. But, there were times when cd players had to be shut off. I'm sure a lot of people accidentally have devices switched on during flights or take off and landings. I don't turn the iphone off during either take off or landing...just in 'airplane mode"...and i've never had any Captain complain ...lol..or plane fell off the sky :)....
    ... Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    Just do as you're fucking told. Captain says, "turn off your phone", then turn off yourPhone OK? Or walk yourself there.