New iPad Uses Retina Graphics of Apps Designed For the iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPad Uses Retina Graphics of Apps Designed For the iPhone

When Apple launched the iPad in 2010, it allowed users to install iPhone apps (due to the limited iPad apps available at that time), which could be used in 2x mode, using the pixel doubling technique.

While it was a good strategy adopted by Apple at that time to give users access to a larger number of iPhone apps from day one, it had a downside. The non-Retina graphics become fuzzy when blown up to 2X mode.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Utente-a-caso
    Utente-a-caso Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    That's probably WHY Apple didn't use Retina-optimized images in the iPad 1/2. They didn't want to downgrade the user experience when the iPad implemented Retina displays (and yet encourage developers to create ad-hoc apps for iPads).
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Thats cool.... so many apps already exist for the high-def display..... not a stupid thing :-) I already thought now it takes some time to get apps which use the whole power of the new display :-) GREAT!
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    It is better than before of course, but not better than RetinaPad effect! The new iPad is retinizing most of the text but not as perfect as RetinaPad, also many images are not supported natively but RetinaPad is able to magically enhance them as well. I can tell the difference as I got both of my iPads 2 and 3 here next to each other (until I sell my iPad 2), I have some iPhone apps installed on them like Spotify for instance, and I could tell you the results straight away: Spotify's graphics and text on iPad 2 are WAY better than the new iPad, thanks to RetinaPad (not saying the retina graphics on the new iPad is not good, it is better than iPad 2 without using RetinaPad).
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So basically not all apps have to be upgraded?