New iPad Continues to Draw Power For an Hour After Reporting 100% Charge

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPad Continues to Draw Power For an Hour After Reporting 100% Charge

iLounge reports that DisplayMate has found that the new iPad continues to draw power for an hour after reporting 100% charge.

While we know that the new iPad will take longer to charge as it comes with a larger battery with 70% more capacity as iPad 2, this issue can by rather annoying.iLounge reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress
    Who cares? So it withdrew more power for another hour...big deal
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Actually, it can not say as a bug. It is relative with battery indicating and usage technique. Lithim battery having charged bu two step, fast constant current charge and relatively slow constant voltage charging. While charging at the constant voltage, most electronics shows full charge before finishing charging. Because it takes long time to fill up the small amount of capacity. But, the device is still charging. Anyway, if stay with charger long time it wi charged more capacity, but some guage system use voltage to say it is fully charged. In this case, guage will reduce % till the extra capacity is drained,
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Who cares what you think?Coming back to the topic as an owner of the new iPad - I hope this is fixed in the next update as it can be quite annoying if it says 100% charge when it is not fully charged.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    I Guess, apple set the more extra margine than the general experience.
  • L8te9ight
    L8te9ight Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Rename the "new iPad" to "Unlimited iPad" and maybe it will "throttle" it's power usage to only draw 3W.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Yeah big deal. I thought the iPhone also trickle charges after saying 100%. I don't know, I have the iPad 2 but this wouldn't really bother me. I expect to leave on the charger a little more after it reaches 100%. But battery drains is another story.
  • Lahey
    Lahey Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    iPhone does indeed trickle charge after indicating 100% as well. This is not a bug; the behaviour took active steps to implement and there were specific reasons that made (and still make) it desirable. Users in disbelief should also consider whether the "100%" reading they reassuringly see on their device is accurate even several hours after the device has been disconnected from a power supply (Hint: No, of course it's not).
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So basically this is a software issue, yet again.
  • slick1474
    slick1474 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    If I leave my iPhone to charge for a long time after it hits 100% i.e. overnight, it takes hours to drop from 100% (iPhone 4) but if I take it off the charger as soon as it says 100% charged then it drops quicker. Nothing new hear and most iphone/ipad users should have noticed this with their existing devices.... I hope....
  • Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    10w is not trickle charge. If the indicator shows 100%, then the power drawn should be much less than the rated charger.
  • BRBZ
    BRBZ Posts: 6
    via Wordpress