iPhone Tip: How-To Format/Erase/Wipe your personal data from the iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
iPhone Tip: How-To Format/Erase/Wipe your personal data from the iPhone

When I had reported the breaking news of the 3G iPhone launch on June 9th, readers had commented and emailed that they plan to sell their older but soon to be obsolete iPhone to buy the latest and greatest version. If you are one of them then the post earlier...

Read the full story here

Comments

• tyrel
    tyrel Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

in the iphone enterprise roadmap they announced the iphone can be remotly wiped via exchange server to protect data incase of loss of your phone

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Too bad you can't remotely wipe all those duplicate posts you just made! LOL

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

For that one you have me :) unpublished the 5 duplicate comments.

• Kane2007uk
    Kane2007uk Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Nice to see there is a half-way decent method of clearing the iPhone of personal data before re-selling it on, and thanks for mentioning my idea, let's hope Apple either read this site or have the very same idea up their sleeves, because we do know that with the release of the 2.0 fw there will also be a new version of itunes to compliment it...you never know.

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

I haven't poked around that deeply in the iPhone's file structure, but I've poked around a bit and I'm pretty sure that the "just sync over a bunch large playlists to the device's capacity" method won't work.

The iPhone has multiple partitions, some are available to the media files, some aren't. The contacts, call lists, sms history, safari bookmarks, etc, etc, all the private information you're worried about aren't located in an area that the music files would ever be allowed to write to in the first place. You'd almost have to make bogus contact lists and the like and sync them over to ensure things are wiped out.

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

i cant seem to make the CUSTOMIZE SOFTWARE APPPS to work with Firmware 1.1.4.It allows u to install but when you click the icon it open briefly to the chicken graphics at startup and then closes..need help on this.

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

hackzrus- you need to install the fix from installer- it's called the suid lib fix

• IMAC DOOD
    IMAC DOOD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

omg not a shorter way i gotta format its dam important
    (VVVVVIIIRRRRUUUUUS) i got

• khalil
    khalil Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • asim
    asim Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    hy i m using apple i phone 2g 1st problem is i can not switch off it when i switch off its restart2nd problem is on the screen a massege is blink this accesorry is not working made with this iphone would u like to turn on air plane mode to reduce audio interfarrance u cant abele to recive the call plz help me how can i remove this massage how to update version and how to formate