iPad 3 Vs iPad 2 Vs Android Tablets: Heat Levels Compared

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPad 3 Vs iPad 2 Vs Android Tablets: Heat Levels Compared

Ever since Apple's new iPad went on sale on March 16th, the blogosphere has been abuzz with news that the third generation iPad is warmer than the iPad 2, some like Consumer Reports have even tried to sensationalize it by  repeatedly using the word hot. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• Farfelu
    Farfelu Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well at least you can now almost stir fry those cut vegetables from our german genius direct on your tablet. Now comes the portable kitchenpad.
  • Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ffs could You please convert it to celcius You know there are PEPOLE living outside US too
  • mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Options
    There's an App for that.
  • Really
    Really Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    are u really that lazy that you cant figure out the conversion yourself? there are even web based sites that do all the work for you if your that dumb to not be able to figure it out your self sheesh. yes everyone knows there are people outside the united states but if the site is a US site why should they have to cater to you when they know most of their traffic is gonna be from the us?
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Because they make money from all there traffic so they need as much traffic as they can get
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    Options
    100°f is about 40°c that's enough to give you a basic idea
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well it's not that I have a problem with the conversion but when I go to a site from say Europe they don't convert for me either I have to do myself. But they could all convert for us I suppose
  • Korum
    Korum Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Lots more annoying adverts on the mobile site.
  • Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Btw what was air temp whe testing Was it outdoor? Indoor? Crappy test imo
  • Hmmmm?
    Hmmmm? Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Not exactly convincing when the test is done by an Apple Fan site. And the issue is not about the tablets getting hot, it's about how hot they can get. If they played Infinity Blade 2 then the temperature would have been higher. Tablets are meant to be primarily handled with at least one hand on the tablets at all times so heat is definitely an important issue. With the debacle over the iPhone 4 (which I believe was an issue otherwise they would have not settled in the US or changed the design) I wouldn't be surprised if this is a serious issue.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am sure Apple knew the heat before launch and did not bother as they are in tolerable limits.
  • Loveaimee11
    Loveaimee11 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think this will be a big problem, Apple will solve this.To the New iPad, the new screen is the killer feature. As I went to the Apple sale store tried the New iPad, I really like the the retina display and better camera. Im a iPad 1 user, and didn't upgrade to the iPad 2 just wait for the new iPad, would get my new iPad soon! Hope my apps are compatible to the new iPad, and get more surprise with the new iPad and Apple TV! BTW, for some cool iPad tips&Apps I found the iFunia iPad Column is very informative and useful.
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree, this test done by a Apple fat site is hardly convincing, just more fodder.
  • Bakachin
    Bakachin Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    then why come to this fan site and read this article?
  • Thor
    Thor Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You think thats bad. This site doesnt even provide a Cantonese translation for me. How utterly insensitive of them. I got buddy who tries to read this blog, but he only knows Farsi. What is he supposed to do? Google translate sucks. Damn snobs.
  • jenkoz
    jenkoz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    And there we have it folks - the true arrogance of America!
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Options