Australian Regulator to Sue Apple Over Misleading 4G iPad Branding

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAustralian Regulator to Sue Apple Over Misleading 4G iPad Branding

As we've noted earlier, Apple's new iPad doesn't work on 4G LTE networks outside US and Canada and works on slower 3G networks in these countries.

Apple has run into trouble for still calling it "iPad Wi-Fi + 4G" in Australia.

The iPad landing page on the US and Canadian website calls the feature "Ultrafast 4G LTE" with the following subtext:

Read the full story here

Comments

• appel fan
    appel fan Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    what do i think GO ANDROID
  • Computech
    Computech Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Surely people aren't that stupid. Nearly all data service's use the wonderful term "up to" for connection speeds. Apple has used the same terminology for connecting services if your location is not supported with that service then well bad luck. Branding the product WiFi + 4G is just specifying its capabilities if you live somewhere that has that service. Either get a life or learn to understand what it is you are purchasing.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    I agree with ACCC, even that is true in US/CA, but it can make a misunderstand for the user. Actually, Apple makes too unreasonable decison for Radio IC. It is too limited to sell it worldwide market. It makes me miss Steave
  • Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress
    Yep! Looks like Steves death really impacted Apples policy. Just waiting for Oled droid
  • confused
    confused Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Iphonehacks - would a software iOS update allow it to be compatible with Australia 4G frequency? Sorry if this is a dumb question
  • IPadSWE
    IPadSWE Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I got a so called 4G 64gb factory unlocked here in Sweden on Friday and at least the sore I purchased it at labeled it as The New iPad WiFi 3G+. After I did some testings I've been able to get upto 25 mbps down. I simply couldn't resist not buying it. Factory unlocked 64 gb white with 3G+
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    Yes it is a dump question. The chipset doesn't support the frequencys currently used in Australia.
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    The new iPad will work on Aussie 4G just not till next year...Telstra's 4G network is using all the frequencies currently available to them for 4G but they won't have access to the 700MHz band till after the analog TV signals are turned off next year
  • AppleCider
    AppleCider Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    JBHifi in NZ has their own sign next to the display ipads saying that 4G won't work here because we don't have 4G coverage at all. I suppose we have to wait for another 10years to get 4G here :-( .
  • Hmmmm?
    Hmmmm? Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    This is coming from a company that prides itself in making its products simple to use and does not emphasize specifications. Why market it as 4G and release it in so many nations when it can only access 4G in the US and Canada? 4G is available in Australia and other parts of the World but the iPad does not support their spectrum.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    iPad does not come cheap in Australia by any stretch of imagination.