iPhone 4 Users in The U.S. Can Now Claim $15 Antennagate Settlement

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 Users in The U.S. Can Now Claim $15 Antennagate Settlement

When Apple launched iPhone 4, users reported reception issues when they held the iPhone in a particular way.

The issue which was dubbed Antennagate received so much negative publicity that Apple had to call a special press conference to talk about it and forced them to give away iPhone 4 bumpers or third-party iPhone cases to all iPhone 4 customers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• aad
    aad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    The ads in this website are out of control, I understand they generate $$$$ but they are everywhere geezz. iphoneheat.com seems to have less but they don't update their site as often.
  • blu
    blu Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    So is this for just GSM phones or all iPhone 4's including CDMA?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Most owners will go for the claim as they dont need the bumper no more.
  • has
    has Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Why do u use the smallest font possible on your mobile site?
  • Iso
    Iso Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Are we eligible if we got a free bumper but don't like to use it.
  • SteveC
    SteveC Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    So I went to the site to get the free bumper for my iphone 4, and you need to pay for the AppleCare single incident if you don't already have a AppleCare contract on your phone. So the free bumper is no longer free.
  • Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress
    Those of us who got an iPhone 4 in the first month already got a free bumper. Are we eligible as well?
  • Gary
    Gary Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    how do we request for free bumper?? when we gotta pay for Applecare, why they got to make it hard to just claim a bumper.
  • Olaf
    Olaf Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    If you are on iOS 5 or higher, click on the reader icon in the address bar in Safari. Imagine, you complain the font is to small. So iphonehacks makes it bigger for you. Then someone asks why the font is so big. You can't satisfy everyone. That's life.
  • Kaielement
    Kaielement Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Went to the settlement page to see if I could get the free bumper because I had got my phone right when they discontinued it. So when I saw this I was like sweet lol..... But then I see on the page it told me to go to a link to apples website on how to get said free bumper. The page turns out to be from April 2011 and it only directs me to call apple. So I do and the rep transfers me to a supervisor who had no knowledge of the suit and then said she would check out the settlement page. When she came back on line she said she couldn't do anything for me because it wasn't and apple website and she wasn't told anything about the suit I told her she should tell her boss about this because this site which went live March 29 2012 is directing people to an out dated page. I was kind of up set but seeing as I didn't care about the $15 and only cared if I really could have gotten a free bumper. So I guess it's what ever. I might go to an apple store over the weekend or try to call back and see what's up. But like I said it's funny because she wasn't even aware about the $15. Little suspect don't you think and she was a supervisor not even a low level call center operator. I mean really if I can't get a free bumper they need to stop telling me I can it's not fair and it's not like they really fixed the isssue because the fix is something I can't even get (referring to the bumper)Edit: you don't have to pay for apple care but if you read my post you will see how strange this all is.......
  • DoctorTim
    DoctorTim Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    I didn't have any antenna problems, I won't be filing a claim.
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    This doesn't work how do you get the bumper case they told me that ended along time ago? WTF????
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    This is kinda rediculous...its losing 15$ x millions of times for Apple...which is quite a loss for any company... All the samrtphones of that time had similar issues so why the controvercy on iphone 4... And why did Apple handle it so stupidly
  • Dev
    Dev Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Called apple yesterday at 10am pacific time. Spoke with cs. They asked what the problem was. I told them about dropped calls and bad reception. Also they will ask if u trouble shoot. Tell them u reset network and turned on airplane mode then turn it off. Still bad reception. cs then set up the order for the bumper but only in black. 2 day at 930am FedEx dropped off the new bumper. Less than 24hrs. But if you want the $15 then hit up this site http://www.iPhone4Settlement.com/
  • Dev
    via Wordpress
    Called apple yesterday got my bumper today. Read my comment below.
  • Dev
    via Wordpress
    Called apple yesterday at 10am pacific time. Spoke with cs. They asked what the problem was. I told them about dropped calls and bad reception. Also they will ask if u trouble shoot. Tell them u reset network and turned on airplane mode then turn it off. Still bad reception. cs then set up the order for the bumper but only in black. 2 day at 930am FedEx dropped off the new bumper. Less than 24hrs.
  • Kev
    Kev Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    A little greedy are we?!?!?!?!