Apple May Abandon Its 'Thermonuclear' War Against Android

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple May Abandon Its 'Thermonuclear' War Against Android

In the last two years or so, Apple has launched a patent war with manufacturers of Android based smartphones such as Samsung, Motorola and HTC for blatantly copying their products, which has shows no sign of abating. Most the companies have countersued Apple for infringing on their patents. 

Steve Jobs had explained to his authorized biographer, Walter Isaacson, that this aggression against Android-based smartphone manufacturers was meant to communicate a message:

Read the full story here

Comments

• uneasy
    uneasy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    They call it thermonuclear war for a reason. Reason obvious to anyone who is not Steve Jobs.
  • Rob Reilly
    Rob Reilly Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It's strange that Apple thinks it invented the smartphone.Poor Palm was ripped of by Apple (after they orginally ripped of the Newton?). iOS was simply a much much slicker PalmOS.Now Apple think they think they invented the tablet...
  • ^_^
    ^_^ Posts: 4,429
    via Wordpress
    palm ripped off by apple? there were windows based assistants prior top that and blackberry.... All long before apple got into hand held devices. iOS was a natural evolution from the iPod and initially being developed for the mp3 generation. I don't think they ever claimed to invent any of it, but rather improved and dominated well after palm was belly up in the pond.
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    the point is Jobs is a hypocrite. He thinks what he did was unique when all he did was copy someone else's stuff
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    damn you Tim Cook for not honouring Steve Jobs! Steve Jobs was a visionary and would never back down from something he believed in!
  • JCT
    JCT Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    steve jobs never made a thing in his life you can look it up he just made improvements he was like how can i make this so dumber people can use it and it worked lol
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    That may be so but he definitely built upon the original idea and his execution was obviously better. So in essence he did do something unique because before the iPhone the average consumer didn't own a smartphone and didn't want to own a smartphone. The same also goes for the iPad. Until the iPad came out there wasn't anyone that wanted a tablet and now you see iPads everywhere.
  • Gibner Donoven
    Gibner Donoven Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    If your gonna take a nuclear fight to patent infringment, just cut off the head of the snake and bomb China.
  • Orgil
    Orgil Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Apple invented??? They fabricate
  • Hmmmm?
    Hmmmm? Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    To be honest I am not exactly for oversimplifying things. People are really getting too lazy. There may be a learning curve to Blackberry or Android device but I am sure it is not too difficult to pick up especially for common tasks like accessing the internet, emails, texts, etc. And the major reason why no one really wanted a "tablet" before the iPad was because you could not find one for less then $1000.
  • Hmmmm?
    Hmmmm? Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Did Steve Jobs really say all this? If so why not take it down from the beginning?
  • Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress
    wow are we sure he didnt serve in the military and has a serious case of PTSD
  • Rob Reilly
    Rob Reilly Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I think you'll find the first Palm came out in 1996, the first popular handheld - and right from the start using the icon grid screen touch interface. In true Microsoft style, it was quickly follwed by an awful, half-baked windows pda. Only Go Corp, IBM Apple Psion had tried anything before that and Blackberry didn't come into existance until 1999.
  • Poor1
    Poor1 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    The one who gave Steve Jobs, Sun Tzu´s book is to be blamed knowing the fanatic behaviour of SJ. If that person just bought The Life of Reason by George Santayana and gave it to SJ he would stayed mellow. Peace :)
  • Your a Genius
    Your a Genius Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    10+ to that, total; agree
  • ismail
    ismail Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    “spend my last dying breath” and “every penny” in Apple’s coffers “to right this wrong. I dont think any company with such revenues would want that.Steve jobs' attitude towards Android is like Hitler's to the jews...the Lets burn em all attitude.So in fact Jobs was the hitler of electronics...and Tim Cook...well he must be the Angela Merkel of electronics LOL
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Apple never claims they invented, they say they re-invented the phone.
  • Agent Walker
    Agent Walker Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    To improve upon something in a unique way DOES count for something. Think of your favorite band...Are they the first to hit a drum or strum a guitar??? Nope... Are they the first to do it the way THEY are doing it... Probably not BUT you call them artists and say they are the best ever and consider them unique... Steve has OFTEN times mentioned that he didn't invent the phone, PC, tablet etc... Re-invent...sure... But I'm here to tell you... If a caveman beats something with a stick and someone comes and makes a HAMMER... They all had a part in the advancement of humanity.. The reason STEVE feels this way is because Google execs served on Apples board and got INSIDE information from Apple and altered their way of design. Proof: Look at the OS from the G1 to the G2. AND do your homework...If you REALLY want to prove that Jobs is what you say he is, look into the whole "Mouse" fiasco with Xerox.