Breaking News: 3G iPhone launch on June 9th

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBreaking News: 3G iPhone launch on June 9th

The pre-release version of iPhone firmware 2.0 had confirmed that 3G iPhone was coming soon. We now have Gizmodo reporting that "sources close to the 3G launch" have confirmed that the iPhone 3G will be announced at the WWDC 2008 Keynote on June 9th. They go on to provide some...

Read the full story here

Comments

• kody epperson
    kody epperson Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

if 3g is the only difference... what's the point?

• Taylor
    Taylor Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

its not the only difference. it is the second generation iphone, meaning that it will most likly have an updated body too.

• wes
    wes Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

I am ABSOLUTELY buying this new iPhone. I love mine now as it is...so a new one must be even better. June 10th I will be in the store picking one up!!!

• Paulo Motta
    Paulo Motta Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm definitely considering buying it. Let's see the prices.

• JFA
    JFA Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

If Apple implements an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen, as it is rumored, the upgrade may not only be just the 3G. With an OLED screen, the current iPhone could be thinner, but Apple may take advantage of the additional space for more power and horsepower, memory, plus a full fledged GPS, and the multiband HSPDA (3G) radio.
    I think there is no urge to change the form factor.
    Plus I think that rather than making it thinner and busting all the invested $$$ by third party accessory manufactures for the current dimensions, Apple will most likely come out with a really beefed up second generation that needs to go head to head and beat RIM's Bold and Thunder.

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

i think i will get one i love the 1 i have now and could not do with out it. will it be out in the UK at the same time as it will in the UK or will we have to wait? (i want 1 now LOL)

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

I'm definitely NOT buying one unless:

A) It's carrier unlocked and can be purchased without signing up for a 2 yr contract

B) There's a full working bluetooth stack. And a big FU to apple for advertising 'bluetooth' on the iphone when basically useless for anything but phonecalls. they should have advertised it as 'totally stripped bluetooth only good for phonecalls'.

all I want is bt stereo and HID or mouse/keyboard support!

C) you can copy and paste. Lack of this functionality is probably most retarded aspect of the interface.

• pointdexter
    pointdexter Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

shhhhow me your mighty green laser!!!!

• Kane2007uk
    Kane2007uk Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

If i'm right 3G is only of use to contract customers, so a pay and go user like myself will see no benefits to this, plus I saw yesterday the possible new look of the 3G version, and It looks crap,...I also hate Apple's policy of updating a device so quickly after the original has hit the market, especially when Apple refutedly denied on many occasions that there would be no update yet.

This happened to me with my first iPod purchase, I decided to get the largest capacity available: 80gb, 2 months later the 160gb classic get's released, 2 months ago I got a 16gb iPhone, then the 3G get's announed....I didn't rush to get a classic, and I certainly won't ever get a 3G iPhone.

• omar warr
    omar warr Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

i am ine of the many that will get one.. but i will wait to read all the problomes that will be coming with it.. just like the first one... maybe after 2 or 3 monthes of apple fixing theyr fu*k ups like they did with the first one then i will buy the new phone...
    i will be checking this site for any news or updates..( its the best site for iphone )
    but all and all and truth to be said.. i cant leave one day without my iphone..

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

I plan to sell my unlocked 8 gig iphone on craigslist for $150.00 and buy myself a 3g iphone with the difference...

Am sure a lot of folks will be selling their old iphones unlocked...This will double the amount of iphone users out there and "date her service plans".

Just remember before you sell your phone to use cyberduck to go into the phone trash all the files contact, email folders etc, reboot the phone, restore the phone (but not from backup), unlock and sell to new owner. Batteries on older iphones are said to only last one year anyway. Let the new owner enjoy it...

Then it will be an endless cycle of Hacking the iphone all over again....Some 15 year old kid will probably discover after 3 weeks on how to put t-mobile on it...

and it's back again....Then your blog will get too many hits causing the link to break..

An now a word from our sponsor___________________

Oh, forgot to mention the week before folks will be camping out at the apple store...

• Kane2007uk
    via Wordpress

I really can't see the point of selling your iPhone for this, the new design has ruined the look, and 3G is not that big of a deal, and to be fair Apple should offer free upgrades to all those that bought an iPhone and have to stump up for a contract with it.

That is why we in the UK don't agree with paying for the phone AND contract, because our system works thusly: get a contracted mobile, the mobile comes free with the contract package...also you are automatically offered an upgrade to your mobile when it's available.

Apple's way is what is stopping the iPhone selling huge here in the UK, and why the 3G won't do well with people who already have an iPhone.

• Erasmus
    Erasmus Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I echo many of the comments above:

For me to purchase the new iPhone (another $600 or more?), it needs to have the following:

1. Copy and Paste
    2. Better Exchange integration
    4. Better battery life
    5. A real Bluetooth stack
    6. GPS
    7. Either not locked or with a decent roaming plan: I frequently travel to Europe and Asia and I would be down thousands of dollars had I not unlocked my iphone
    8. Better keyboard

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

This happened to me with my first iPod purchase, I decided to get the largest capacity available: 80gb, 2 months later the 160gb classic get's released, 2 months ago I got a 16gb iPhone, then the 3G get's announed....I didn't rush to get a classic, and I certainly won't ever get a 3G iPhone.

WTF are you talking about. 80gb and 160gb were announced at the same time idiot. The modeals that existed before the classic were the 30 and 60 ipod videos.

• Kane2007uk
    via Wordpress

I said I bought the highest capacity available at that time (July last year) the 5.5g 80gb ipod video, the classic didn't get released till september, a full 2 months after i'd bought mine, so if you are telling me at that time I could have grabbed a 160gb classic then I think you should read carefully before you post.

So get your facts correct, the 80gb ipod video was released september 2006, the 160gb classic september 2007.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I will need a compelling reason to upgrade, such as:
    a) NEED additional memory (I'm at 8gig and am fine with syncing only a subset of my music)
    b) my battery craps out
    c) a killer app that needs the bandwidth of 3G

I usually go 2-3 years between upgrading phones anyway.

• TY
    TY Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Want one but they need to get the following (Which I have on my Sidekick)

MMS (Big for me)
    Copy and Paste
    IM (Big for me)
    Removeable Batt
    Horizontal and vertical Keyboard on most apps.
    Better Camera support

I bought the 4 GB IPhone but kicked it to the curb for the sidekick which is not better but has some better features.

• CerealKiller
    CerealKiller Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Def. want to buy one, mine is great! I hope maybe they will have like a trade-in policy, that would be awesome for older iPhone customers!

• randy
    randy Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

OrbLive is a great reason to upgrade to 3G - smooth streaming live tv, video and music without the need of WiFi. I need to see how much more ATT is going to charge for access - if they keep the same price of $20/mo, then I'm upgrading, anything more (which is almost assured) will need serious contemplation.

• MCEE
    MCEE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my ole lady bought me the 4 gig iphone 6 days before the cut off date when they said no more 4 giggers being made she bought it 6 days eriler than the cut off date and we owe 7 phones with att service still they would not give me the upgrade it was a b day presemt 6 days i miss cut off date a only received a 100 certifacate to use for apple hardware which i dont need i needed the 8 gig 3 more months of service on the other 6 phones that 10 more on my iphone and we are gone from att they bite no wonder billy gates got out the bite the big apple :) if you know what i mean i';; go with sprit next for all our business needs 8 phones with them and a whole lot hassle i plan on smashing my iphone in protest in front of the west hartford mall in ct in sept when the contract is finally up than go over and open my business account from sprint we spend 600 a month on service and they could give 6 days grace thats to bad they lost a good customer and i will tell everone about the loudsy service drop calls etc
    just a business man treated unfair by att and apple
    Michael Hubbard
    mcee855@yahoo.com

• DmanC
    DmanC Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If u r planning to camp outside the apple store for a week to be the first one to get the new iphone, U R AN IDIOT and il tell you why: knowing apple, the price will go down 100$ after a month or two, the software will be so effed up until the third software upgrade and it will be sooooo rubbish for its price, it WILL be exactly the same phone just 3g and maybe gps and vid recording and a better camera also it will have an option 4 3rd party apps (wats jailbreak 4?) maybe it will be worth it if its at a reasonable price and if you dont already have an iphone but if you do have an ipone dont sell it just yet MARK MY WORDS YOU WLL REGRET just wait a while

• Kenneth
    Kenneth Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

All I need to know is where and when the line is starting.

• Larry...
    Larry... Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

WTF are you talking about. 80gb and 160gb were announced at the same time idiot. The modeals that existed before the classic were the 30 and 60 ipod videos.

Thats not correct. When I went iPod Shopping there were 2 choices a 30GB iPod and a 80GB iPod. Later the 30 was upgraded to the 80 and the 80 was doubled to 160GB.

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

it WILL be exactly the same phone just 3g and maybe gps and vid recording and a better camera also it will have an option 4 3rd party apps

How does that make it the exact same phone? Seems like a few new features to me...

• Woody
    Woody Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I know this guy in Philly who already has the 3g, seen it myself. I guess he worked for apple and quit last month. It comes unlocked, and can choose whatever carrier you want. Phone was T&A. Definitely getting my own.

• amaan31317
    amaan31317 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have a question will the 3g iphone be jailbreakable and which firware will the 3g iphone support i hope itd 1.1.4 cuz if it cant be jailbroken that sux cuz ive been waiting for 3g iphone since last year