Sparrow For iPhone Updated to 1.1; Developers Say 'Push is Coming' With or Without Apple

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSparrow For iPhone Updated to 1.1; Developers Say 'Push is Coming' With or Without Apple

Last month, developers of Sparrow - an extremely popular email client for Mac that offers Gmail integration with  multiple accounts, labels, Priority Inbox and a Unified Inbox have released their much-awaited app for the iPhone.

They've released an update for their iPhone app, which includes the following new features:

* Send & Archive
* Show/hide dock badge per account
* Only show specific labels and folders
* Built-in web browser
* Empty trash and empty spam

Read the full story here

Comments

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    I want to see iPad integration... Sparrow works sorta well on an iPad with FullForce enabled, it looks almost perfect except the graphics were clearly designed just for the iPhone and it doesnt have a landscape view. Seems like it would be easy for them to make it iPad compatible, just a few image updates and landscape ability.
  • tomricci
    tomricci Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    was hoping for Landscape in this edition, I use the Sparrow hack push so that works fine for me now till they officially get push.
  • Mediascapenorth
    Mediascapenorth Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    Unfortunetly although it seems easy: designing for the iPad is a lot different then just replacing images.
  • markd475
    markd475 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'd love to see a jailbreak way to set sparrow as the default mail app.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Push is very very important.
  • j meister
    j meister Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    I don't understand why push is so important. You still need to have the phone setup for default mail so that other apps can send mail right? Let the regular mail client send your push notifications, but only open your other email app. That's what I do with the gmail app. It got annoying to have both mail apps chirping at me every time I got an email so I turned off notifications for the gmail app. I have the native app buried in a folder that is not on my home page so I don't have to deal with it and the gmail app in my bottom bar.