iPhone 4S Competitor - Nokia Lumia 900 Reviews Are Out

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4S Competitor - Nokia Lumia 900 Reviews Are Out

With just a few days to go for the launch of Nokia's Lumia 900, we've started seeing some of the well-known tech writers and critics publishing reviews of the Windows Phone based smartphone.

Nokia has a lot at stake with the launch of Lumia 900, as it transitions from its own Symbian platform to adopt Microsoft's Windows Phone to take on Apple's iPhone 4S and Android based smartphones.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    Options
    HELL NO does that phone give iPhone 4s a run for its money
  • Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Your making me lol. The 900 what ever the **** name dosent give Apple any problem. The only one that is making it hard for Apple is tge Samsung galaxy s 2
  • Hmmm?
    Hmmm? Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think it's the drawbacks of WP7. I believe that they limit the screen resolution, only single core, and no LTE. They do operate smoothly with no lag though. And in my opinion the Lumia 800/N9 is probably the best looking phone out although the One X is a serious powerhouse with an attractive design as well. To competition! I wonder if Apple will double the resolution of the next iPhone? But then they would definitely have to increase the screen to 4'-4.3'. Would be a waste on a 3.5' screen.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Win Mobile 7 truly lovely? Hang on... just calling UPS to see how much it would cost to deliver this guy a "**** Slap" and a pair of glasses. Coz he sure as hell needs both :) :) lol
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thats a Nice phone
  • OS X Story
    OS X Story Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    Options
    and you know this how?????
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i wish iOS would revamp the 1st screen, and have it use 2 columns x 3 rows of larger icons - your main usage, keeping the dock at the bottom still. the OS itself needs facelift. it's getting boring.
  • Bemused
    Bemused Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree. I live my iPhone, but it's time for a real iOS facelift.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Options
    "competitor"hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Zig
    Zig Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Great looks. Sturdy plastic unibody is excellent.However, the device is badly let down by WP7.5 which just does not compete.Nokia have done a great job but Microsoft have let them down badly.The only thing that could save the Lumias is Windows Phone 8, if it is good enough and if it is released soon enough.
  • joel
    joel Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Phone would be great if it had a retina display and iOS interface...
  • GiantsRock2012
    GiantsRock2012 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It's a windows based phone!
  • GiantsRock2012
    GiantsRock2012 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Izz
    Izz Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Nokia 3310 & 5110Man those were times...
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It has LTE, and is very very fast
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Options
    These 3 reviews are probably the three most negative review you will find on the Internet, and they are not that negative. Look around there a many review raving about this phone.
  • phoni
    phoni Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It's interesting that Nokia compares itself to the iPhone...why not produce a device that stands on its own merits Nokia?Playing catchup doesn't work. Time will tell. My guess is that the Lumia is just a flash in the pan.
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I don't think that there is going to be a real iPhone killer anytime soon. At most try will attract new or uncommitted people away from the iOS devices. A lot of users are very committed to there OS in terms of apps. I have probably spent hundreds on apps and music over the 5 years I've had my phone. That's a lot to walk away from. Think about in terms of computers. A lot of people will not walk away from a PC to buy a Mac because they have peripherals and software they have invested in and don't want to repurchase this stuff if they don't absolutely have to.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have used it. Its cool os and operates well but too unfinished, not tested well, hangs alot and very few apps.
  • Cockmeat
    Cockmeat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    WHAT??!!!!!?? Theres millions of iPhone killers out there what are you talking about. The iPhone is one of the most boring phone of the plant.
  • LumarNimbar
    LumarNimbar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    No you had used Android. Its not Windows Phone. Windows Phone never hangs yes not even a single time in the entire lifetime ..thats my experience with Windows Phone.
  • iOS5
    iOS5 Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    Options
    And I'm sure that's your opinion. If it wasn't for jailbreak, iPhone would suck bad. I have own every iPhone made and I currently have the iPhone 4s which is only my backup phone. My android phone is the best phone I have used so far. iphone is nice and all but it needs a real facelift becuase its so 1999. Travel around Europe and the rest of the world and see how unpopulated iPhone is. Don't just be a funboy;learn some real hard facts.
  • Emaculant
    Emaculant Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    honestly I know this is a IOS website, and that being said will always down the compeitor. I have to say ive had all the iphones, and recently the iphone 4s, Hp Pre 3, and nexus s. I recently purchased the Nokia lumia 900 and I kid you not it is the best phone ive had yet. No it dosent hang at all (no wp7 device does) thats because the OS is optimized, and IMO the iphone 4s didnt need a dual core, because it was optimized too. No need for a dual core chipset in any phone at the moment that has a optimized OS, hence the reason all androids do, its not on the linx kernel. Yes the lumia not only has LTE, but it drops to HSPA + when its not on there, and this phone is faster then the 4s in every daily thing I do. I have had alot of hiccups with IOS when you start downloading alot of things on it (especially after you jailbreak it, it drags alot with apps like intelliscreenx which I love by the way). Yes it has dropbox (reviewer missed that one) and every other main app you could want. Lets face the app issue people i had the Pre since launch in the past and recently the HP Pre 3 (which by the way is 2nd to only this lumia, webos is nasty on that device very hard to give up, and it runs circles around ios and android). and I had all the apps I needed, with a paltry 5k apps in its catalog. Check the reviews out there like someone said above its an amazing device, and regardless of what phone you have you have to give props to a device that is sick. I still have my 4s and when I compare the 2 in daily things the lumia smokes it (and im not talking about internet speeds cause it has lte). Also the screen is beautiful, and if people here saw it in person you wouldnt care about the retna gimmic (cause even if you look at the Pre 3 it has a retna display too check their ppi). So I would advice anyone if they are looking to jump ship to another device to check the lumia out first in the store, you wont be disppointed, as well as it will be upgradable to WP8 (confermed today over at wmpoweruser 04/26)
  • Teejay
    Teejay Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I used the iphone first time it came out for 2 years, shifted to android for a few more years . I jailbroke and unlocked the iphone, rooted and messed with a bunch of different android phones. Iphone WAS great but now just so old and boring. Android remains good but you need to be a little bit of a tech to enjoy fully..... With that said, I have used the Lumia 900 for over a week now... and the interface is just so..... PERFECT for MY daily needs... Facebook Tweeter, Evernote, Push mail ESPN, Slacker, Iradio, phone quality outstanding . no need to do anything. Everything you need for a smartphone is all tied and meshed so tight. Let me tell you, please do try and discover it yourself. Nokia and Microsoft did it very well. I have yet to find anything negative about this beautiful, fast phone. Battery life is so freaking great!!!!! Forget the negatives of the previous Windows Phone OSes. This is NEW windows mango.. LOVE IT!!!!! oh... and yes, i have the Iphone 4S from work, and the Sony Xperia Arc S for my second personal phone.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Um im using the Nokia lumia 900 right now and it has to be the best phone I have ever used compared to the iPhone. The iphone is way more complicated than this phone. It took me only minutes to truly use this phones capability compared to the iPhone it has too much going on. Wp7 all the way!