Google's CEO Larry Page Claims Steve Jobs' War on Android Was 'For Show'; But Biographer Disagrees

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle's CEO Larry Page Claims Steve Jobs' War on Android Was 'For Show'; But Biographer Disagrees

In the last two years or so, Apple has launched a patent war with manufacturers of Android based smartphones such as Samsung, Motorola and HTC for blatantly copying their products, which has shown no sign of abating. Most the companies have countersued Apple for infringing on their patents.

Steve Jobs had explained to his authorized biographer, Walter Isaacson, that this aggression against Android-based smartphone manufacturers was meant to communicate a message:

Read the full story here

Comments

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    steve lost the WAR he is dead and Android is still alive :(
  • mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
  • Maxtor182
    Maxtor182 Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    Android is just the Walmart of smartphones. A cheap knock-off. That's the reason android and Walmart are alive, because most people will sacrifice quality to save a buck.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    How about it's what they can afford to keep there family supplied Walmart sells a lot of same stuff u most likely overpay for. Android is not a bad product just too many different makers screwing things up android is not easy to use like iPhone people who are not very good with computers are better off with iPhone cause it simple to use
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Hmmmm?
    Hmmmm? Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I personally don't believe he said those words. It almost sounds as if the author is projecting his on views on the topic especially since he feels the need to explain/defend what Steve Jobs supposedly stated. I think Steve may have had an issue with Android but not to the extent to go "thermonuclear." I don't believe Android was a "stolen product." What did Apple expect from the competition? If anything, Android makes them better. I can't imagine what we would be the current iterations of the iPhone and iPad.
  • Hmmmm?
    Hmmmm? Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    And I am sure you don't shop at Walmart. And we all know the good quality stuff is manufactured in China.
  • TheRealMoe
    TheRealMoe Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    LOL what are you trying to prove? no not all good quality stuff is from china. infact most terrible quality stuff comes from china. highest quality merchandise is from japan, sorry pal. Its funny im a brown guy who didnt waste their time and money on an android yet im still cheap. go figure. its about the lifestyle you live to choose your belongings. i choose to live like a king so i have an iphone. i dont choose to live like the homeless with an android or the dead with a blackberry.
  • TheRealMoe
    TheRealMoe Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    yes, i agree. its like mac osx vs windows. itll never end i guess.....
  • Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress
    True! Lets sue google for cancer-poisoning Steve rip. Those bastards have to pay!
  • Dan o
    Dan o Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I think I have heard it on a audio file by Steve himself but I'm not 100% sure.
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Well i know my iPhone is by far the best product in the world of its kind hate team android its its ignort loving android but in all reality if they endend up swiching they will chose apple from that point on.. Apple makes the most impressive phones and devices we have seen since the ipod first gen, but the choose to not let people injoy what its is capible of. Apple has a job they need to make money i get it, when i first got my ipone 4s i tried to merge it with my mac and its not that it is incapable filesharing via Bluetooth its because AT&T made a dirtyLittle drug deal with apple about begged them to let the. Carrier control this feture which still pisses me off. At&t was worried about illegal teathering. The android developers let there costemers first they can tether with a app hell even hide there APN , they dont worry about the cellphone service its not there fucking job . Which i belive jailbreaking fixes apples bullshit i belive everone of u on jailbreak nation have hacked moded phones, a in apples eyes should be against the law . So no the android does hold up against the iPhone for one reason they dont cripple its capablilty But yeah i love Steve jobs because i love there products genius. But then again steve jobs problely would of hated me becaus of the hack.. Apple is so worried about money that they robbed there costumer of a amazing device that they already have purchesed they still have a huge control over the phone which amazes me i cant restore my phone right now because apple came out with 5.1 and they will upgrade my phone.. They dont have to stop sighnig 5.o but they forsome reason feel like it doesnt belong to me.. Im done raving go cydia . Down with big brother
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    No there was nothing like that, baseless rumours..
  • Ha
    Ha Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Lol. I believe he was being sarcastic. I think he referencing the fact that Apple products are manufactured in China. I think
  • What?
    What? Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    What a honest person ... LoL