UK's Advertising Authority May Investigate Apple's New iPad "4G" Claims

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUK's Advertising Authority May Investigate Apple's New iPad "4G" Claims

After getting into trouble over the use of the "4G" term for its new iPad in Australia and Netherlands, Apple may have to face the music in UK. The UK Advertising Standards Authority may be scrutinizing the marketing behind Apple's new iPad, according to a report on Financial Times.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iOS5
    iOS5 Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    The rise and fall of Apple is coming. You can not be a dictator and survive forever.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Still I can not understand why they limit to support just some LTE band only. I know as the LTE devices for the difference band using same chipset even different components. Maybe they are pressured by the limited space for the logic board.
  • brent
    brent Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    This is not a new issue. 3G devices in Europe might not work in the US and vice versa (this was the case for 2G as well, but which 2G are you talking about...). I purchased a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS which did not work with US T-mobile 3G... but I knew what I was getting into. The problem is the carriers and the frequency spectrum. Carriers cant decide what to label 4G which confuses customers and android devices and apple are following the carrier marketing lies.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    What did they do now? Apple hater!
  • Macca
    Macca Posts: 22
    via Wordpress