Verizon Will Start Charging $30 Upgrade Fee From April 22nd

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon Will Start Charging $30 Upgrade Fee From April 22nd

Verizon has announced that it will also start charging a $30 upgrade fee from April 22nd for current customers switching to new mobile phones at subsidized rates with a two-year contract.

Here's an excerpt from Verizon's press release:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    True but I'm sure you can get it waived if you call the Customer support service. I know you can do that with AT&T
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Honestly, if Apple ever gave T-Mobile the iPhone, it would probably completely change the landscape of the mobile phone market here in the U.S.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    I believe tmobile backed off getting iPhone not that apple didn't offer it to them
  • Eric Chen
    Eric Chen Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    AT&T Plus customers can waive the upgrade fee,they just sent a text message says like that
  • iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    what's AT&T Plus customer? I've been with AT&T forever and it's a struggle every time you do upgrade. sometime i get it waived and sometime i don't.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    That is not what T-Mobile has been saying in their press releases, they state that they haven't been able to come to an agreement with Apple.I would imagine that this is because T-Mobile wants to keep their cheaper plans and Apple doesn't want them to, because they want to control the plans.
  • Tazzclass
    Tazzclass Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    It's BS! I do not use Verizon's ridiculous services. I know how to work my phone. If I need something and have to call in they usually can't get that right the first time. Verizon you can stick your 30 where the sun don't shine!! I give them more than enough for the services I use and them more than $30 in takes alone. Yes I always have a huge bill. Normal bill for me is $700 or better. So $30 more is just plan dumb.
  • Vzw is a joke
    Vzw is a joke Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I agree. If I'm buying a smartphone, I'm gonna know where to find answers to my questions. Also, why punish everyone for the few dumbbells that buy a phone above their means? I don't need your workshops, nor your incompetent employees advice. They should be charging the people that do need those workshops, not everyone. Go to Walmart mobile, best buy mobile, or my personal fav wirefly.com. They won't charge those stupid fees. I just bought a convoy 2 for my grandpa from wirefly and it was $0 period. Verizon wanted $149.99 with a $50 mail in rebate. Joke.
  • don jenson
    don jenson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    the remedy for this is simple DON'T UPGRADE or change carriers...
  • Vzw is a joke
    Vzw is a joke Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    To what? They all do it. Then when you switch, you pay activation fees. Six & 1 half dozen of another.
  • Faisal
    Faisal Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    That is why they are not giving it.
  • Gustavo
    Gustavo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    Customer satisfaction oriented?...