Install Mobile Substrate Update to Avoid Restoring Your Jailbroken iPhone Due Problematic Jailbreak

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageInstall Mobile Substrate Update to Avoid Restoring Your Jailbroken iPhone Due Problematic Jailbreak Tweaks

If you haven't upgraded your jailbroken iOS device to iOS 5.1 then please read this post as it could just save you from restoring your device if something goes terribly wrong due to problematic jailbreak app or tweak.

Read the full story here

Comments

• djb
    djb Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Its useless about the iPt1G because it wasnt until the 2G model that they supported buttons on the headphones.
  • Xay
    Xay Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Now they updated it after I install an non compatible app for my 4s kept freezing up left me with no choice but to restore updating it. Now I'm stuck with a boring ass non jail broken 4s
  • Alex
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does anyone else experience this, I have 4S too, since apple stopped signing 5.0.1 if it messes up you cant do a simple restore, sucks!
  • P_NY
    P_NY Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Jay Freeman aka saurik has just released a new version of Mobile Substrate that could save the say for you. You mean the day right? lol
  • jdshjf
    jdshjf Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    That the ipt1g doesn't run IOS5, and has a vulnerability in the bootrom that means (like the old 3GS) it can be restored to any iOS version at any time, makes this criticism a little irrelevant.
  • jdshjf
    jdshjf Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Oh, also you're wrong.The iPod Touch 1G has its own headset, that plugs in the dock connector, and has a microphone, earphone, and clicker.It's really hard to get hold of, but so is the iPod Touch 1G.
  • Poor1
    Poor1 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Good tip, thx Chris. I really hate these boot loops!
  • Alex
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Please go to this site and click iPod and look at the second table, this is the data Im going on, says it isnt supported.http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3310
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    Options
    wow thanks saurik this has happened to me before thanks now i can avoid this
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Posts: 80
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Awesome! Works like a charm. Great idea, long time coming. Thanks Jay!
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Options
    That refers to the headphones with the volume buttons...the first iPod Touch 1G had the headphones with just one button...like the first iPhone, you could pause/play, skip, or go to the previous song with the a single, double, or triple click, respectively
  • f1ddy
    f1ddy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    this would happen weeks after i update to 5.1 to sort my 4s out
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This would of been nice about 1 wk ago... I was forced to upgrade after my phone crashing! Thanks to iDidDatText :-( the phone froze and then got stuck in recovery mode... Had to upgrade
  • SL
    SL Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Where's a good source for jailbreak app/tweak reviews?
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Anyone else get a blank music icon after updating? (or any other anomalies?) tried rebooting, still blank...
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Chris...Install SBSettings if you havent already...restart iphone...find sbsettings or slide from right to left on top of screen (battery - signal)...find "dock applications"... click "fix blanks"
  • Dmagic1
    Dmagic1 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Cool but a little late. Now I have an iPad2 stuck on 5.1.Wheres that work around that was discovered almost a month ago??
  • lanky
    lanky Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ih8sn0w wont release until there is a real need for it. As it can be patched (stopped) by Apple. It is a one off event.It needs Blobs/Apticket/BBticket as well.. so as he said: "its not bein publicly developed til after the next jailbreak gets patched."(as you wouldn't have all the necessary stuff to do it for 5.0.1)
  • xDimitrii
    xDimitrii Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have the exact same problem! My iPhone 4S is stuck in a respring loop & I can't get out of it.. And this happened after I updated & had to respring!
  • Togu
    Togu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iphone 4S got stuck on boot logo because of corrupted .deb file. Now I guess I have to upgrade 5.1 which is really sucks! How long do you guys it will take for the new jailbreak? Any ideas?
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i had the same issue and used iexplore , looked for the most recent thing i updated in cydia...deleted and i was good to go....always double check the world wide webs before updating and see if there is any negative feedback
  • Mohamed Afify
    Mohamed Afify Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i notice that the battery life decrease very fast when u look to the time since last full charge u will notice that the usage is the same like standby i install the last SBS ANY there is any one have that problem thaanx
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yeah my battery life has been horrible since updating to the latest mobile substrate. I just downgraded back to 0.9.3995.You can download older versions by going to http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/ and using iFile on your iPhone to install the previous version.
  • dabloc
    dabloc Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ok, question. I’ve updated my Mobile Substrate and tested it out. I turned my device off and the back on holding the UP volume. It worked, as my Tweaks etc. were disabled. Now here’s the bad news:I cannot get my tweaks towork. I still have my jailbroken apps etc. I restarted my phone 3 times and each time it hangs at the Apple Boot Logo. The only way i can start my phone up now is by holding down the volume button at the startup. If this is the case then using this feature is not worth it. How do I get my tweaks to work again? I need an answer ASAP. Has anyone come across this issue?
  • dabloc
    dabloc Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I need some FIN help!!!!!...... I would not suggest anyone using this feature if you do upgrade. My phone is practically a Semi-Tether at this point. I cannot boot my phone unless I hold the Volume Up at startup. Any tweaks I download do not work. I am very frustrated. Can someone get back to me if they have a way to fix this issue. I need some help. My device was fine until i tested out this new update.
  • Ma
    Ma Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Sgo
    Sgo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just wanted to bring to your attention that I found many websites selling jailbreak/unlock for iPhone 4s on 5.1 firmware. One of them is http://www.jailbreakiphone4s.com/If you enter their contact phone number (0844 884 9594) in Google search. You will find more web sites using this phone number. What they sell to you is Absinthe for 5.0.1 and they (or he/she) are saying that it is their software. Another one is http://www.iphone-unlocker-pro.com/Actually, I found their advertizing on iphonehacks.comSorry if this subject was covered already.
  • VIKRAM
    VIKRAM Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I too had the same problem with cydia and every jailbreak app gone and absinthe cannot re jailbrak an already jailbroken iphone . Got help from a guy at macrumourforum to install mobile terminal with required execution permission and then cydia