Apple Reportedly Working on Local Backup Servers at Genius Bars For iOS Device Replacements

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Reportedly Working on Local Backup Servers at Genius Bars For iOS Device Replacements

According to 9to5Mac and their sources, Apple is planning a new addition to augment the whole Genius Bar experience.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bs
    bs Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Apple Geniuses, can set up a booth for these NUTS, for all I care.
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    I can see a lot more sex tapes from mobile phones going public or at least pictures.
  • Lahey
    Lahey Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Article is inaccurate.Apple store on site replacements currently copy over contacts. This is so the client doesn't walk off with a phone but no numbers to call; some of these phones are used for work after all. Contacts are transferred before the old phone is wiped.Until recently music was not. The reasons are obvious. Whether that changes remains to be seen and will be region specific.
  • djdehkx
    djdehkx Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Add this to the list of things I just assumed they already had, and therefore am amazed to see them just introducing*Security would be pretty straightforward: simply copy the iPhone's entire encrypted filesystem, but not the keyvault. Put it on the new iPhone, then let the user authenticate their Apple ID, and download the keychain to the new device. Like the way encrypted backup and remote wipe/unwipe works at the moment.Given the capacity of these things, I'd use USB, though. You'd be there all day backing up a 64GB iPad/4S over wifi.* Already on the list: iOS 3's clipboard, iOS 4's background apps, and Android ICS's ability to take a screenshot.
  • Dipen
    Dipen Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Will they also jailbreak the new device :)
  • ofc
    ofc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yeh and after that they will install Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
  • Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress