Apple's 3G iPhone to support Flash?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's 3G iPhone to support Flash?

Based on reader comments on Apple's 3G iPhone it appears that quite a few folks were disappointed. One of the reasons for the disappointment was that the next generation iPhone like the current iPhone will not be supporting Adobe's Flash. We might have some good news coming our way as...

Read the full story here

Comments

• nudel
    nudel Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Checking on a desktop browser with Flash enabled, that area shows different dynamic content. When disabled, it shows the Cheetah pic. Go on - try it yourself!

This suggests that the text regarding the Flash requirement was probably Photoshopped out for the WWDC keynote presentation so as not to suggest that the iPhone shows degraded content.

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

If you watch the keynote closely, when Steve Jobs is comparing EDGE vs 3G both of the pics load without the “This presentation requires Flash” message. Possibly could FLASH be in the 2.0 update?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hmm, interesting observation Bob.

But I would go with Nudel's explaination as why would Steve Jobs not tell us about a feature we all have been asking for?

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

But didn't the page LOAD during the presentation? Meaning, they couldn't have photoshopped it out unless it wasn't a live demo and it was just a video of previously conducted tests.

• Niclas
    Niclas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This wasn't a live demo, it was recorded video, but still, it would be really simple for apple to use a proxy-server and just replace the graphic for one with the "requires flash"-text shopped out.

If it had been flash in the new OS, there would be a button-bar below the image and text on the image to display featured articles. It would also not be that image.

So, the iPhone will not have flash (there's no really good reason for apple to include that, really), and they just changed the image in the load-demo a bit to make it look better.

• Flüge Miami
    Flüge Miami Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I´m was a little disappointed of my Iphone, so i switched to blackberry. did someone try whether the flash really works?

• Archa1c
    Archa1c Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I'm sure this was all just happenstance, and nothing should be read into it.

It's virtually the SAME EXACT thing that happened last year when Steve showed us the original iPhone, loading the New York Times, and the picture on the page loaded with no problem, even though it was a flash window.

They simple took a screen grab of the NYT page, and put that screen grab on a web server, and had the iPhone load that. It's certain to be much quicker just loading an image than to load the actual page.

I'm not saying they did the exact same thing this time, but I don't think it warrants any speculation

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/06/13/iphone-to-make-do-without-flash/

• demo
    demo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Why would apple go to all that trouble of taking the words out.

unless its like ARCHA1C said "It's certain to be much quicker just loading an image than to load the actual page."

then again i just would really love to believe this is true...

• Ricco
    Ricco Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

so I just wonder. If its able to play the flash videos from youtube.com, why can't it play flash from other sites?

• Valkyrie
    Valkyrie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Im on my iphone 3G right now and i have tested it myself on diffrent sites which u need a flash player to visit and guess what..?! I like my iphone BUT it doesn'nt support flash player f that its sometimes pain in the ass...

• Kilrizzy
    Kilrizzy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I think it actually plays the flv (or whatever extental video) file that is pulled by flash and bypasses the need to use the flash player itself

• Chad Roddam
    Chad Roddam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm telling you now that the IPhone 3GS does NOT support flash. I'm using mine now and, as a matter of fact the only reason I found this site was because I was looking for a way to force my iPhone to support flash

• Si - annoyed iPhone user
    via Wordpress

Hugely dissapointed with the iPhone 3gs, not just because of the lack of flash support but because of the fact apple simply can't compete with nokia. Apple "upgrade" the camera to a 3mpx with video recording! Woohoo, I had an old sony erricson phone about 5 years ago that could do that, nokia put a carl zuess lens with a 5 mpx cam in their n95 to rival the first iPhone and even now, nearly 3 years since the 1st gen iPhone, apple really haven't given us anything they should have put in the first one! So, thinking of getting an iPhone? Don't bother, get a nokia n97