Analyst: Next iPhone Will be 'Mother of All Upgrades'

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAnalyst: Next iPhone Will be 'Mother of All Upgrades'

Earlier in the week, Piper Jaffray's analyst Gene Munster predicted in his research report that Apple's next generation iPhone will arrive in October.

Munster was initially expecting Apple to launch the sixth generation iPhone in August, but expects Qualcomm's issue to push the launch of the next iPhone to October.

Gene Munster spoke to Jon Erlichman on Bloomberg Television's "Bloomberg West", where he talked about the outlook for the release of Apple's next generation iPhone.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Addy
    Addy Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Keeping figures crossed for the same..
  • kbatrph
    kbatrph Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Maybe they should add Flash capability so we CAN watch this video on iOS devices...lol
  • Derric
    Derric Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Apple have to work as fast as Samsung.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    Lol I was going to say the same thing!!
  • Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress
    No if its in flash it means content is too crappy to be worth played Thx god for skyfire
  • f1ddy
    f1ddy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    work fast as samsung hmmm so they can be crap and very faulty
  • iOS Me.0.1
    iOS Me.0.1 Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I have a brother who works for Verizon and the only thing he has over me with his androids is speed and wider screens, his battery life is...Egh...ok my iPhone 4 can outlast his razr any old day of the week but anything else and my argument as to why I'm still with apple gets more light... They have to go a step beyond a bigger screen and faster, it can't be something we shoould have had when the 4s came out... Idk something that those droid kids don't have
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    It's been a while since I used an iPhone how's the battery life typically? I can easily get a full day out of my android device (Galaxy S2). It'll go about a day and a half before it'll croak. Typical usage I can get a solid 18 hours out of it (which is enough for me for the day). Just curious. :)
  • Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    Apple better do something amazing because the Samsung Galaxy S3 is sounding really cool right about now.
  • ^_^
    ^_^ Posts: 4,429
    via Wordpress
    The Ads on this website are getting more and more annoying ... this last one took up half the screen and I didn't even click on it or hover over it!
  • Hmmm?
    Hmmm? Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Was the software upgrade really that "big?" The only big change for me was the ability to delete songs from my device. Notification center I rarely use and I had before with Lockinfo. I can't even recall any other big changes. Although, I have to say it has become a major pain to sync with iTunes now. Keep getting errors and it starts to lag when I make changes to my music library. And it is a gamble whether the album art even shows up. Very annoying.
  • Ummm Da Dum
    Ummm Da Dum Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    dont agree with the 4s being a software upgrade. dual core, 8mp camera with 1080p recording, improved antenna and speaker. only software upgrade was siri, everything else was part of the new iOS.obviously the new iphone will look different and most likely have quadcore and more ram but i dont see much else changing. i personally dont want a bigger screen, dont like these giant android phones. i want a mobile phone, not a tablet. most the drawbacks with iphone is limitations with iOS hence why jailbreaking is so popular so id rather have a major software upgrade than hardware upgrade
  • Hmmm?
    via Wordpress
    Haha. I had adblocker before and when I disabled it I was shocked with how many ads this site had. Actually by far the most for any site I visit. Although the anime sites sometimes are worse.
  • Ummm Da Dum
    via Wordpress
    also. Apple needs to sort "in-app purchase". its ruining the appstore. free apps dont seem to exist anymore and most apps end up costing more cos you need multiple in-app purchases to unlock it all rather than just buying an app with all the features
  • Ummm Da Dum
    via Wordpress
    this site also has 14 trackers. more than most.get ghostery addon for firefox and youll see
  • Hmmm?
    via Wordpress
    Don't think they will go quad core. The difference in speed from a 4 and 4s is hardly noticeable when operating basic functions. I would love to have apps, menus, and web pages load faster but they will probably go with a dual core a15 processor. And I wonder about the gpu. The iPhone might get too hot with the same gpu as the new iPad. Either way, I would love a 4.3' screen as long as they can fit it into a smaller form factor than actual 4.3' phones. If it's not at least a 4' inch screen then I am jumping ship. Don't have many paid apps that are tying me down to the ecosystem and typing is still annoying on the 3.5' screen.
  • Ummm Da Dum
    via Wordpress
    may not notice speed within iOS menus but its very noticable when running 3d games.
  • Ryan - RMC Tech
    Ryan - RMC Tech Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yeppers! I think it'll actually look just like that picture. Slightly different form factor, thinner, but similar to the iPhone they've always had. Who knows really, but I truly believe this. Can't wait to see it! Psyched.
  • TheRealMoe
    TheRealMoe Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    word, samsung just releases phones to sell, not to reinvent.
  • TheRealMoe
    TheRealMoe Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    adblock plus ftw. i never seen a single ad on this website lol.
  • Arjan
    Arjan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress
    Correct. To tackle that issue, they put in a "quad-core" GPU, which so far seems like it outperforms the Tegra 3 by a decent amount.
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    No way. They should of used HTML5 so it would work on everything
  • pakaku
    pakaku Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Yep, that's one of the most evil practices on the App Store right now: they hook you and reel you in with a free/cheap app, and then you need to buy the rest of the app after-the-fact. At least you can see what the popular in-app purchases are before downloading the app, and get a sense of what to expect...
  • bigflea
    bigflea Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like some more BS from these analysts that never get it right
  • giet
    giet Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Great, thanks, glad I got the darn 4S and it'll be considered garbage then
  • iOS Me.0.1
    iOS Me.0.1 Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Well about 2 days I charge it over night and I go to work in the am... And when I get off an get home I'm at 50% I'll get home the next day and I'll be at 5%
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    I read all of the comments and he last one was the only one really worth reading.
  • photos mannequin homme
    via Wordpress
    Hey There. I discovered your blog using msn. This is a really neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I will definitely return.