Museum Display Company Claims Apple's Touch Related Products Infringe Their Patents

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMuseum Display Company Claims Apple's Touch Related Products Infringe Their Patents

FlatWorld Interfaces - a Pennsylvania-based company filed a lawsuit against Apple on Thursday in the California Northern District Court in San Francisco. Targeting almost all Apple's existing touch-related products, FlatWorld alleges that Apple has infringed their patents RE43,318 and 6,920,619.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    I is very strange how these companies target Apple specifically rather than other companies who may also be infringing on their 'so called interlectual properties'. This has to stop, or the whole industry is going to take several steps backwards. Why didn't they put a stop to this several years ago when practically all of the IT would jumped into touch screen technologies?
  • iTruth
    iTruth Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Business 101. You wait for the cow to get big and fat before you feast on it...simple as that.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Yes, I think we all understand why companies do this, but why do we let them get away with it? If they seriously wanted to protect their interests they would have stepped in by now! Everyone seems to want a slice of the Apple pie these days!
  • axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    Apple is the big kid now and everybody short of money will target them for easy cash. It is easier to sue than to work. It's only a matter of time before apple growers and apple food products manufaturers sue for the name "Apple". With the new iPad mini coming, expect Kotex to sue when it comes out. Yeah, the name is reversed but shyster lawyers don't care.
  • Yet again
    Yet again Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My car has this thing that if you turn it the engine starts, I think the door on your house uses the same thing, you copied it!
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, my car has 4 tires and wheels. If the ancestors of the inventor of the wheel know who they are they can sue all the tire companies.
  • Wazzalisk
    Wazzalisk Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • Adey
    Adey Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Maybe you can sue yourself back into profitability, its gotta be easier than making a product that people want.... Nokia are having great success with that one.
  • Jacob
    Jacob Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Let's not forget that Apple started this patent war. All these decades everyone was peacefully copying each others concepts which to us end users was good competition that brought rapid improvements and kept prices low. Now we end up paying for all these loyalty fees that everyone is paying each other.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Apple has a history of borrowing other people's stuff so I have read in various publications