How to Take Backup of Unlocked iPhone's Activation Ticket Using Redsn0w

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow to Take Backup of Unlocked iPhone's Activation Ticket Using Redsn0w

iPhone Dev team has released a new version of Redsn0w, which now allows users who have successfully unlocked their iPhone using SAM to take a backup of the activation key that will be useful in the future.

iPhone Dev team has provided the following information about the new feature in Redsn0w 0.9.10b8 on their blog:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Elim
    Elim Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Does not work.redsn0w 0.9.10b8b says "Failed to backup var/root/Library/Lockdown (Service wouldn't start)"/iPhone 4 4.11.08 jailbroken, unthethered by SAM yesterday (working sweet).
  • Cesar
    Cesar Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Does this work even if I am using Sam method already? Can I go thru it ?
  • Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    I'm so confused. If I'm jailbroken with Absinthe (4S, 5.0.1), do I want to use this for anything? Would this let me restore to 5.0.1 If I have a problem because I have my blobs saved?
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    No, I'm not a pro but you can't restore an iPhone 4S or iPad 2 or 3 of course to 5.0.1. Only the newest 5.1. This is for people who unlocked there phones yesterday using the brand new SAM method so they can back up there activation ticket that doesn't even have a use yet but it might come in handy for the SAM unlocker's in the future. So if u didn't unlock with SAM this is not for you. Hope that helps you.
  • Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    Sorry, I wa referring to the fact that the new tool will (I think) allow us to stitch a custom IPSW now. That's what I don't understand (whether that means I could restore from that instead of being forced to upgrade if I have to restore)
  • JLX
    JLX Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    hy guys,can i unlock an iphone 4 whit SAM if i dont have the original sim card? it is locked to Hutchinson(ireland)
  • SLY
    SLY Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    yes you can...u don need original sim....dont follow the video follow the instructions
  • Cesar
    Cesar Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    iPhone hacks: I am running on 5.01 iPhone 4. Successfully unlock with Sam. Can I update directly on iTunes ?And use Sam to unlock?
  • Bala
    Bala Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    IT WORKS...STOP COMPLAINING!
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    im guessing you used sn0wbreeze? but anywaysi had the same problem.just go to cydia and search for afc2add install and it will reboot your iphonenow redsn0w will back up the activation ticketbtw it saves the back up in the redsn0w folder.
  • JLX
    via Wordpress
    ok so it works even wgitout the original sim card but how do i select hutchinson 3G (ireland) if it is not in the list...help me guys i'm really despered..:(
  • JLX
    via Wordpress
    it doesnt work for cosmote romania,no network found, only vodafone and orange...
  • JLX
    via Wordpress
    i just tried with vodafone,and orange and nothing works,when i copy the MSI it is the same with the one that i am deleting...
  • Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress
    Hi all guys;I just use SAM to unlock my iphone 4 IOS 5.1 BB 04.11.08 works great no complaint. Here you should do: Copy IMSI from SAM Detail to Sim Detail also on main screen have to be same IMSI number. Try this it might works for you.
  • ifzal
    ifzal Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yes you use SAM. Also you use any sim. One thing if you need to replace different sim than every time you need to activation.
  • ifzal
    ifzal Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yes, I try it in my phone, It's working fine. Don't warry.
  • Simon McCutcheon
    Simon McCutcheon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have downloaded this and when i go connect my phone it says at the bottom of the jail break screen connected iphone 4s 5.1 but the jailbreak button is blanked out so i am unable to select it so how can i jailbreak my phone?
  • Madbloke
    Madbloke Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Can I backup more than one sim?I can restore using sam and it works perectly.but if i backp another sim will it over ride the one saved or will it save two?hope that makes sense.......
  • Madbloke
    Madbloke Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    when you Spoof sim once you have put in the new sim IMSI will change, that is when you paste the IMSI that you copied from old sim.your making itunes think your using the origianal/old simhope that helps.I have got Tesco, Orange and Tmobile all working on my Iphone4 JB 5.0.1 which is factory locked to O2 UK.btw to use tesco select O2 UK as tesco use O2 Network ;)
  • giuseppe
    giuseppe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have the sam and i would like to back it up before i lose the ability to . i downloaded the redsnow and followed directions but when i get to the second window for back up its still grey not allowing me access to press the button. I have used cydia to download and reboot the afc2add but still i get a grey window on the back up can you please help me out as so i still have the option to keep my phone unlocked respectfully Giuseppe
  • Roberto
    Roberto Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I'm trying to unlock via Sam in some sites I see it's not working anymore does anybody knows if it still works !?!?
  • Alireza yousefi
    Alireza yousefi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Sam opened the base band with my iPhone 4:11:08 simcard lock replacement, but please do it his way again
  • Alireza yousefi
    Alireza yousefi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have iphone 4 base band 4:11:08 iunlock by sam when open but simcard lock replacement, but please do it his way again
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Stupendous Fabulously Fantastic..... Runs smoothly for for iPhone 4 Jailbreak.I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!!!!Boss i use a UK iPhone 4 jailbreaked Version with cydia & Geevee sim.I need to upgrade my IOS to 5.1.1 preserving my base band i.e. 4.1 (8B117)How do i do it?Also i don't want to loose any of my APPS.And again use it with GeeVee Sim.Please advice as i m new to iPhone World of hacking & Cracking :)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Also can you suggest me how would i get to know in & out of iPhone... i need to learn it.Please if can can help me out.i have mentioned my mail id : you can adevice me as you get free.Also other guys can guide me as well to my concern.anandteerthonkar@gmail.com