iOS 5.1 Jailbreak Status Update

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 5.1 Jailbreak Status Update

If you're eagerly waiting for pod2g to release the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 then you need to be patient as pod2g has tweeted that he can't provide an ETA currently.

pod2g has been making quite a bit progress in jailbreaking iOS 5.1. Last week, he reported that he had all the exploits for iOS 5.1 jailbreak and even managed to bypass ASLR.

However, it looks like there is still quite a bit of work to be done as has just tweeted:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    So basicaly this is a NON NEWS story. 1 month. 2 months, Never?
  • sasa
    sasa Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    forget JB. we need baseband to be fixed. at least gps make to work...
  • ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    So glad i stayed with 5.0.1. But i do have a lot of friends bugging me about 5.1 JB. Pfft! Sometime i think i'm just peoples personal internet browser. Why don't they just check themselves...
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    ya everyday new fool be asking about 5.1 jb !!Even though not great news still, thanks a lot to all hard working hackers and pod2g for the update. I really appreciate all the jbs thats been out for da public since i started jb-ing. Bunch of geniuses !!!! u guys Cream of the crop !!! me i am just a sheep mehh mehh hahahah
  • BlueDream
    BlueDream Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    okay...i will wait for good news...thanks dude..
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Well done guys keep up the hard work
  • imppaul
    imppaul Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    People ask me, too. And I say, if you have skills, then help the people who are working on the jb. Otherwise just be quiet and wait.Usually it keeps them quiet.
  • Damo
    Damo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    May the force be with you ... :D
  • Xay
    Xay Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    No need to complain you guys have been very helpful thru out the years thanks for the hard work hope we get some good news later this month
  • axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
    I think nikias n pod2g are working on ROP n payload. Still long way to go but hey every step makes the difference. I glad.
  • eliran
    eliran Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Apple people are so stupid . Than don't realize that jb is promoting their product . Same as apple tv , once megaupload was shut down the sales of atv went down . After all who he need this stupid box to watch Netflix and YouTube .
  • pedro
    pedro Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Hi, i just want to know about jailbreak, some days ago i saw a video about the advantages to jailbreak the iphones, so i've doubt: jailbreak is legal or not?Like a video that i saw says the jailbreak is legal, so why apple does not jailbreak the iOS?If someone want to buy a game or an application just go to the itunes store and buy it, simple.
  • Paula Tejano
    Paula Tejano Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Jailbreak != piracy, but open a door that all
  • Grecco
    Grecco Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I have my jailbreak tethered. Works fine to me.
  • shadowxpr
    shadowxpr Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Waiting patiently for teh 5.1 jailbreak. I bought the new ipad and im giving my original ipad to my niece. But I want ios 5.1 for iphoto and photoshop touch...
  • Abso
    Abso Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Ian - New unlock is out, baseband shouldn't be an issue... Use Sam to activate...
  • Abso
    Abso Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Look on cydia.... There's a solution to your iPhoto problem.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Just great. At least if ih8te snow & tiny umbrella dudes would release or finishThe work on being able to restore the A-5 devices it would be a huge, huge help but after hearing how they downgraded there iPad 2 oh, I don't know, about a month ago, there's been no news at all about it. I mean, yeah, they don't owe us sh*t but come on. Is there a solution any time soon or at all?I don't know, I guess it's a sh*t load of work to get it tweaked & packaged. Next best thing to the current jailbreak would be this.
  • Sara
    Sara Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I was just contacted by my brother who has worked with the programers. It was not good news. They are trying to keep it quiet, but the hard fact is there will be no new Jailbreak and forget about the baseband. They are trying to figure a nice way of telling eveyone, but much of it comes from the people that have been rude, unkind and that in it's self sure took the wind from the sail. Maybe in the future things will change, but they know people dont. They are great when thing go good and Jerks when there are problems. So in their own words, go choke on your kind words and jailbreak it your self !!!!! The truth hurts but I sure cant blame them.
  • Wite Boy
    Wite Boy Posts: 77
    via Wordpress
    to bad its only one person doing this and not "programers"nice try fag
  • stevenfky
    stevenfky Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I'm on 5.1 semi tethered and works fine! No need to hurry - take it easy.
  • IStorm
    IStorm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Stevenfky are you on a 4s or just a 4 ?
  • Jacob
    Jacob Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    We dont buy apple products for the specs (because samsung has better specs) but because everything is well integrated. However most of us are aware that we will have to patiently play along with this cat and mouse game. It does make you wonder what if there was no jailbreak at all. Would sales of idevices still be so high? Would apple then be forced to back off from all these silly restrictions they apply, at times for no obvious reasons?
  • ffac789
    ffac789 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Damn my OCD! I knew I should have just stayed on 5.0.1 lol. Oh well, keep up the hard work I can wait as long as needed. Hopefully they will be able to figure this out.
  • dabloc
    dabloc Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I can tell you right now, if there deff were no more JB's, especially since my 4S is on 5.1, I would sell this bad mammer jammer and get an android. my iphone is so FIN boring without a JB. I installed the new Mobile Substrate when I was on 5.0.1 and it crashed my Iphone. The phone is not the same without a JB.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    It's 100% legal. I think both in the US and in Europe. Apple has made a closed system in order to make if safe. If they wanted it to be open a jailbreak would not be nessesary. But if you like to do what ever you want with your iPhone (including have to reinstall in case of problems) then a jailbreak is the way to go. I you are into computers I surgest you to give it a try. If not then ask someone you know to help you out or else just forget about it. I'm happy with my jb and original unlocked 4S with 5.0.1. My best phone yet.When all that is said I still want to thank the guys for giving me the 5.0.1 jailbreak! I couldn't have done it myself that's for sure. RESPECT.
  • Dan
    via Wordpress
    I agree with you Jacob :o)However in case the jb stops I don't think it will have a huge impact to the sales numbers. I have no idea of how many that jb's. The TV station where I work it's Android or iPhone, mostly iPhones. Of all of us I think I am the only one who's got my phone jb. I'm also the one everyone turns to when they have a question or a problem, including the Boss. I don't know if I would stop buying iPhones if there was no jb. Perhaps I would just buy myself a Samsung or HTC so I could still play around. Or perhaps a Lumia, not a big fan of Android. They have a lot of good ideas. Many of them are their owns :o). But if it's not run smoothly I would rather have less = iPhone without jb.
  • Dan
    via Wordpress
    P.S I never learn to make the smiley symbol...
  • makana
    makana Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hate to appear ungrateful, but anyone else tired of Jailbreak status updates? Either release it or say nothing. Stringing people along with maybe or maybe not is getting old.
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Never.... Mmmmmm! Maybe I'll never Update My iPhone. I will stay on 5.0.1 Forever... ha ha ha