AT&T to Offer Family Data Plan Soon

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T to Offer Family Data Plan Soon

AT&T Mobility's CEO Ralph de la Vega has publicly stated that AT&T has plans to launch a family data plan in the near future.

AT&T is planning to offer a family data plan where customers can buy one bucket of data that could be by multiple devices among members of their family.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Quintel Phillips
    Quintel Phillips Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    that would be nice because att is raping me right now
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    Please, save me money. My wife and I both use Iphones. She barely uses data on her phone.
  • Antonia
    Antonia Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    haahhahahahahaha not laughing at you, but with you, DO YOU THINK THAT IS GOING TO CHANGE? They will only do that if they can RAPE US MORE
  • Antonia
    via Wordpress
    in your case, it might help, if she barely uses it. but haven't you downgraded her to $15 a month for 250mb?
  • Antonia
    via Wordpress
    People don't be fooled. Family plans, saves money, BUT ONLY SOMETIMES. It really depends on usage. No business is IN THE business of saving money.... i bet there were not IT billing issues, and it was, HOW are we going to bill more... here are some examples....I have:250 MSG a month for my wife - $10 , 250 MSG / month for me - $10 ... .AT&T says OH I CAN give you UNLIMITED for only $10 more, so $30 ....... IF WE WERE constantly going over our msg allowance that would make sense. They will do the same for data. My wife has 3Gb, I have 250mb, so $30 and $15 , they will come up with a $50 for 3Gb for family... STILL no saving me money. AND getting LESS Mbs / month.... SO ALL I AM SAYING, ANALYZE before you change your plans, you know you won't be able to go back
  • Quintel Phillips
    via Wordpress
    My wife and I both have iPhones so that's already $60. If they let us share a data plan for about $30-40 that will be cool.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, "he's got to make sure he gets it right". Di*k.
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Phones are now @ $20 for 300mb
  • Mr Knows Nothing
    Mr Knows Nothing Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Me and your mom will be sharing a data plan for sure. All those nasty images she keeps sending can really drive up my ATT bill!
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    I'm paying $30/unlimited for my phone and $30/3gb for my wife's. My wife used to be on the 250mb when she had my iPhone 3G, but when she got my old iPhon3 4 she starting Skyping with relatives in Japan, facebook, Pandora and e-mailing photos so I had to upgrade her data, but both of us together hardly go above a 1gig, maybe 1.5 if I'm traveling. Having a shared data plan at $50 would save me $120/year. I'd trade in my (un)unlimited for that.
  • Aiden
    Aiden Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Im on the UK network GiffGaff and for £10 a month (no contract either) I get all you can use data allowance (unlimited Internet), unlimited texts and 250 minutes. USA networks obviously suck.
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    So AT&T is raping you. The last time I looked rape was a forced, involuntary, violent act. You volunteered to be with AT&T. If you don't like AT&T, leave. There are other companies out there, both national and regional. Using rape in the way you did is offensive to all the rape victims in the world.
  • asjkh
    asjkh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Dude, shut the **** up!
  • Grecco
    Grecco Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Who cares about your plan out there ?The topic here is about AT&T Family data plan.
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    You guys getting rapped because u let them,There is h2owireless and red pocket mobile3gspeeds 2gb of data and unlimited talk/text for 60.00
  • lol
    lol Posts: 79
    via Wordpress
    Louis you're so fawking lame LOL.... That's like the dumbest sheet i've ever heard... Lose some weight and get laid already.
  • Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    I'm with AT&T on a family plan with my girlfriend. We only spend $65 each ($130 total). I have unlimited data, she has 2GB. We both use iMessage & Google Voice for unlimited texting. We have so many rollover minutes that our minutes are basically unlimited. I'd be down for a shared data plan if the price was right. Maybe I'd get a 3G iPad then. I'm hoping for 5GB for $40. Probably won't happen. I don't understand how some of you spend so much on your phone bill. Cut out unlimited texting & get someone to share your plan with, then it's pretty cheap.
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    God I love Verizon!
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    I'd say that Louis has a higher IQ than you, if for no other reason that he can type grammatically correct and spell words correctly.Louis's argument makes sense in the fact that it is consensual, however they (the teleco companies) have a monopoly on cell phones, and wherever he goes he will still pay the same. So if you want an iOS device, prepare to be raped.
  • Quintel Phillips
    via Wordpress
    Louis youre such an asshole, I bet you were the nerd that got your as kicked throughout high school.lol As far as At&T, I have no problems with them other than their data plans. At&t service is better than their competition.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Its true they do have a monopoly, but there are better deals to be had elsewhere. Its more about choosing the lesser of the evils. You can find more reasonably priced android phone and plan combo with a prepaid service. But you'll be hard pressed to find a similar deal with the iphone. The only choice is to buy it directly from Apple without subsidies. I'm curious. Carriers are always complaining about their profit margins in relation to data consumption. Does anyone have any information about the cost of upgrading networks in comparison to data consumption. I think that would make for a very informative article. If anyone has any information I'd appreciate it. A link will suffice. Thanks.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Straight talk for $45 a month unlimited everything*. I've made the change, and so should you. And no I don't work for the company. I'm just addicted to saving money. lol Of course the ideal scenario is owning an iphone that's not under contract, but depending on your remaining contract obligation you could still possibly benefit by terminating your early. Its something to consider. *Everybody throttles and so does Straight Talk at around 2GB.
  • bobster
    bobster Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It's because of people like you that we get screwed. I wish we could get the voice and data plans from europe. This prepaid minute plans **** sucks. I don't use 450 minutes a month, yet i'm stuck with the 39.99 monthly bill, plus the $30/month for data, when I'm mostly on wi-fi but the 250 mb isn't enough. To say that this is not a monopoly it's to be blind.
  • City023
    City023 Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Wonder what would happen if I have unlimited data and my wife has 3G of data. Hope AT&T doesn't screw me and says that I have to give up my unlimited for the 3G data!
  • Mark W.
    Mark W. Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    You can always switch to Sprint if you think you're getting a bad deal......just sayin'
  • Mark W.
    via Wordpress
    Your ability to foresee the future price plans at AT&T is astounding. You must be wealthy from harnessing that ability and using it in the stock market! Regarding your Messaging example, as long as your Family Talk voice package is 700 minutes or higher, then the Messaging Unlimited also includes Unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile calling, regardless of carrier. How many of your calls are to other cell phones? If like most, a high percentage. So...before you hurl insults, please spend a moment and gather ALL of the intel. I work for AT&T...I DO have the facts.
  • Mark W.
    via Wordpress
    Once again, Antonia is armed with outdated intel...
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Why not drop all data plans and go back to regular cell phone plan. Why waste money on a data plan, do you really need internet on your phone when you're probably paying for internet at home already. to me, it's not worth it. These little gadgets add ons that companies come up with and everyone thinks they need because their friend or neighbor has, is what keeps the poor, poor. You think the price is bad now, just wait untill everyone switches over or they force everyone into a data plan (iphone). Reminds me of something else we all need G.A.S.
  • Jcool
    Jcool Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think that is a good thing because sprint and tmobile has the same thing