iPhone 3G Hacks Progress Report

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
iPhone 3G Hacks Progress Report

Since Steve Jobs announced the launch of iPhone 3G during Apple's WWDC 08 event one of the most commonly asked question here at iPhone Hacks has been: Can the new iPhone 3G be hacked? So here you go, checkout the progress report on iPhone 3G Hacks based on the information...

Read the full story here

Comments

• IPhone Wallpapers
    via Wordpress

Why do these companies still try and keep the consumer from being free?

I would have a lot more respect for a company if they gave the device away at a reasonable price unlocked so that I can choose which service provider I want to go with.

These inter-company deals are going to hurt their business in the long run to.

Go Hackers!

• Marwan
    Marwan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thanks for you all, Last word ...... there is nothing in the world can't be hacked.

Thanks Hackers

• El Mejor
    El Mejor Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

If hackers can jailbreak and unlock the new firmware,they can count on a very generous domation from me and i hope from others iphone usrer

• JFA
    JFA Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

iPhone OS 2.0 Beta 8 has BaseBand 04.05.04_G that is still unlock-able the traditional way. This has been the same BB since Beta 6.
    The unlock procedure survives the upgrades as long as the newer releases of 2.0 don't come with a newer revision. It makes no difference if you can continue to unlock it if the device can't be activated.

What I'm wary of is that newer BB revisions may require finding a new exploit and that the Golden release of the 11th may introduce some surprises with regards to activation (hence the introduction of iTunes 7.7).

I was aware (unofficially) that up to Beta 7, the "experts" had managed to Jailbrake and activate it as well. Maybe they will release an interim solution so users can use Beta 7 while they work on the final release. The only drawback is that on Beta 7, Official apps may not run due to the difference in code signing that was recently introduced.

With regards to jailbraking, as of Beta 8, newer code signing restrictions were introduced, forcing official developers to reissue all their certificates. No news on any progress on this one.

But as one of the Experts says:
    "Before anyone asks, it does not matter if Apple fixes this. There will always be other workarounds. Trust me when I say that. Always."

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey JFA,

Thats interesting, thanks a ton for sharing the details.

Please do let us know if you get to know more details.

cheers!

• Gerald
    Gerald Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi there,

I am using a jailbroken iPhone ver 1.1.4.

I want to know if I can install the 2.0 version without having the phone locked?

Please advise.

Regards.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Gerald,

It really depends on the category of iPhone user you fall under so checkout this post to find out what you should do:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/06/firmwarerelease.html

cheers!