Native iPhone App turns your iPhone into a Flashlight

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Native iPhone App turns your iPhone into a Flashlight

This is probably one of the simplest native iPhone application developed for the iPhone but one that can be quite useful if you wake up in the middle of the night and want to use your iPhone as a light. The native iPhone application is aptly called Flashlight. Flashlight has...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Vishal
    Vishal Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Seriously, u r kidding rite?
    Or did u just get an iphone yesterday. It seems the 3rd party applications are slowly dying, with 2.0 around the corner and the app store. why give ur app for free? just charge through the app store. its getting bad.

• Brett Harris
    Brett Harris Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Here is a great alternative for those not willing to jailbreak:

In safari, goto: about:blank

• Hari
    Hari Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I used one of the first native demo apps from Erica Sudan called Light, which is meant for this purpose, but it didn't control the lcd brightness. I just tried the Flashlight last night and it is much better (as it maximizes the brightness automatically while it is running, and restores it when it is done). In fact it incidentally came of use for my wife.

• lucas
    lucas Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Rainbow Flashlight = better
    can get any color you want, and if you run your finger back and forth it makes a pretty light show when youre high ;)

• Shaun
    Shaun Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Until Apple changes their SDK to allow people to fiddle with brightness levels (and I doubt they will) all the flashlight apps are pretty pointless.

Firing up safari or email has pretty much the same effect.