iPhone firmware 2.0 reveals iPhone 3G will have FM radio and Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) support

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
iPhone firmware 2.0 reveals iPhone 3G will have FM radio and Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) support

iPhone Atlas is reporting that developers who have access to the latest iPhone firmware 2.0 are claiming that the new iPhone 3G will have support for both FM radio and FOTA (firmware over the air). Pre-release version of iPhone firmware 2.0 which comes bundled with iPhone's SDK and expected to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Shane
    Shane Posts: 59
    via Wordpress

this wouldn't have anything 2 do with a corporate mechanism to remote wipe a stolen iphone would it ?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Shane,

Thats one possibility, but I would lean more towards the AppStore feature Steve Jobs had mentioned in his Keynote address at WWDC 08 which will automatically tell iPhone users when there is an update for the apps they have downloaded on their iPhone (and possibility even firmware updates). He had mentioned that iPhone users will be able to download an app over the air if it is less than 10 mb.

cheers!

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I use flytunes to listen to internet radio on my iphone. They have a bunch of FM stations for major cities ... nothing from my hometown ... yet.