iPhone Dev Team publish video of Pwnage Tool 2.0 hacking iPhone Firmware 2.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev Team publish video of Pwnage Tool 2.0 hacking iPhone Firmware 2.0

I had reported yesterday that the iPhone Dev Team had Hacked, Jailbroken and Unlocked iPhone Firmware 2.0 within hours of its release. They have now published the video clip of their Pwnage tool 2.0 in action. However, after seeing the video I am a little disappointed. You can find out...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jenna
    Jenna Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

new update (2.0) is working again on itune yay! :)

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

yea, thats very nice...but r they going to keep posting videos or finish making the app and post it. Looks like the dev team is too busy developing videos than the app.

• leaz
    leaz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm a bit confused here... Does the Pwnage 2.0 unlock activated 3G phones? That's my main concern... I need to travel a lot and don't like to pay all the roaming charges...

Can we still jailbreak it after unlock?

• Kane2007uk
    Kane2007uk Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

There was an update from Dev Team saying to ignore the messages you see in the video, they are simply placeholders while they finish the app off aparently, and that all is well.

• Kane2007uk
    via Wordpress

And I will guess these guys are giving us info bit by bit, seeing as they have a couple of days more work to do, this I suspect will be the first of a few vids.

This one showing that we will be able to downgrade, I'll slap a bet down on them releasing a few more vids showing the 2.0 unlock/jailbreak process.

I could be wrong, but it's my theory and we have to hope i'm right lol

• YK
    YK Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The video is indeed confusing. And where did they get the background music?!

• kitty
    kitty Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

oh my! after updating to firmware 2.0, my iphone is now locked (1.1.4 was unlocked). Now i cant use it as its asking for the orig sim card. I hope someone can tell me how to fix it / unlock so that i can use my current sim, not AT&T. Help please, anyone?

• god
    god Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

oh my! after updating to firmware 2.0, my iphone is now locked (1.1.4 was unlocked). Now i cant use it as its asking for the orig sim card. I am so stupid, why didn't I listen to not update until the hack come out. I hope someone can tell me how to fix it / unlock so that i can use my current sim, not AT&T. Help please, anyone? please help Kitty!!!!!

• Kane2007uk
    via Wordpress

The background music sounds like it's from one of the Marx Brothers movies, not sure which.

• alexg626
    alexg626 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
  • DmentD
    DmentD Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

so people with hacked 1.1.4 will not get app store when upgrading to hacked 2.0??

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

a couple questions

1. can i get a 3g iphone then activate for use with other carriers i.e tmobile

i have the original iphone running on 1.1.4 activated via. ziphone with another carrier is there a way that i can update it to 2.0 without a brick or me having to get att?

• urherenow
    urherenow Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

You should read the damn iphonedev blog before posting news. One button is for pwning a 2.0 OTB iphone and the other (the one that says 1.1.4) is for doing it with an old (PRE-Jan 11) iphone. Simple as that. Of course it's for an unlocked/jailbroken 2.0 stupid!

What should have dissapointed you is that it's not a video of it actually WORKING. The end of the video shows the program failing :(

• bart
    bart Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

only of this comment is right the rest of them wake up fools it starts with "You should read the damn iphonedev blog before posting news." even the iphonehacks site is still sleeping fookers wake up
    owner of a iphone 8 and 16 gig IPHONE 1 the best happy that one reader is clever to understand it right

• Marty
    Marty Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

kitty follow this info to take you back to 1.1.4

• Marty
    via Wordpress

Don't know how my name came up as bart. But go to sleepers link should get you back to unlocked 1.1.4. I had to do the same thing

• bart
    bart Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

your name comes under your coment marty greatings from the bartman

• Marty
    via Wordpress

sweet thanks it just look wrong lol stupid me

• kitty
    via Wordpress

Thanks Marty. I shall try it and will let you know.

To those who thinks that this kitten is stupid, Im so sorry you feel that way. I only stumbled upon this blog via google to find a solution and not an insult. And that is what i think these blogs are for.

I suggest try constructive criticism rather than destructive criticism. After all, to err is human.

Spread the love, not hatred.
    Kitty

• V4
    V4 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

So i am not sure how many people have see the www.ihazsupper.com website yet from the iPhone dev team.

At the bottom of it they have a counter that is counting down...it is the millisecond equivalent of 1.54832333 days...and counting down, maybe this means that this is when we will see the new version of the pwnage tool for 2.0?!

Exciting. Just wanted to let everyone know, in case this hasn't been brought up yet. Figured this would be the best place it.

-V4
    v4invictus@gmail.com

• carl jones
    carl jones Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how much do you think we will be charged for pwnage tool?

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Ha.
    It's running into negative numbers now...

• kitty
    via Wordpress

Marty, it works! Thanks a million!

Kisses and hugs...