iPhone Firmware 2.0 Hacked, Jailbroken and Unlocked by the iPhone Dev Team

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 2.0 Hacked, Jailbroken and Unlocked by the iPhone Dev Team

Would you believe it? The iPhone Dev Team has done it again, Gizmodo is reporting that they have already jailbroken and unlocked iPhone firmware 2.0 which was released only a few hours back. Its probably the shortest time the iPhone dev team has taken to hack iPhone firmware. You can...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Can we update to firmware 2.0 meanwhile, or does it need to be hacked from a 1.x firmware?

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Iphonehacks is one of my favorite Iphone feeds. I don't have my 3G phone yet but do you realize how long it takes your site to load on a 1st generation Iphone? Why wouldn't a site dedicated to Iphones have a less graphics laden site? Even with 3G it may be slow to load?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Bill,

Its great to know that iPhone Hacks is one of your favorite sites.

I will look into optimizing the site or an optimized version of the website for the iPhone/mobile.

Thanks a ton for the feedback.

cheers!

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

is it possible to upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.0? i have my 2g iphone unlocked by parallel import dealer but i have not tried unlock it myself as of yet...

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

agreed on the "bulky" website comment - I would LOVE it if the site was auto-sensing and had a mobile version (like igoogle page) that optimized itself for fast-load, small bandwidth iphone viewing.

• L_Iphobe
    L_Iphobe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hy,

firmware 2.0 is unlocked, so can I buy an iphone 3g in the store, without getting a contract ? the iphone will be locked, but with the hack it can be unlocked...

is it possible ?
    thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey L_Iphobe,

It is recommended that you wait for iPhone Dev Team to release the Pwnage tool to see if iPhone 3G can be unlocked.

cheers!

• DmentD
    DmentD Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I can't wait to try out this 2.0 firmware!!!! such suspense.!

• dotcompals
    dotcompals Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is it safe to upgrade from unlockd 1.1.4 to 2.0 now.

• tobiD
    tobiD Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

@DmentD:

No,you should wait for the new versions of Pwnage or ZiPhone

When you upgrade your unlocked Iphone to 2.0,The SimLock is active again

• Boomersmech
    Boomersmech Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

The 2 toos are Pwnage and YiPhone...

blog.iphone-dev.org
    www.yiphone.org

the "Dev team" heads pwnage and Gehot heads the yiphone front.

yiphone has been rumored to have been said they will be active at 16:00 Tuesday....

• GTR
    GTR Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I have been checking this website for ever! Love it, good job guys!
    I have one question. I have an old unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone, and I want to upgrade, are these unlocking/jailbreaking programs free?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey GTR,

It is great to know you love the site.

The popular unlocking tools like iPhone Dev Team's Pwnage Tool and Zibri's ZiPhone are indeed free.

However, please do remember that if you are planning to upgrade to iPhone firmware 2.0 then the unlocking tools are yet to be released though we have news that they will be released soon.

cheers!

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Hey anyone working on or know of a hack to facilitate tethering the 3g iphone to a laptop? Would be nice to have it function as its own wifi hotspot where it is getting 3g signal (ie- get to use your laptop at the airport and not pay of your arse for it)

mucho amore

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

hi

i have a 16gb iphone that i unlocked myself using iliberty. i connected it to itunes and accidently installed the new 2.0 firmware. Now my iphone is locked and i am unable to unlock it using iliberty or ziphone.

i tried restoing it in itunes but nothing as happened and now i cant even check the firmware (dial *3001#12345#*).

can anyone help me please?????????
    Thanks

• ipplelover
    ipplelover Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I really love this website especially now that the team really doing their best to unlock/hack the new iphone 3G.

I have a question guys, is it possible for me to buy an iphone 3G without the contract coz i asked my friend living in CA ti get 2 for me. Im gonna use it here in PH.

thanks!

• Jean Dorvil
    Jean Dorvil Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • plshelpme!
    plshelpme! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

(Foolishly!) took the prompt to update my unlocked iphone 1.1.3 to 2.0. Now my phone is blank and doesn't work except to make emergency calls! Help please!! How do I get my phone back?

• M P
    M P Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

can someone tell me how to unlock, activate, and jailbreak iphone firmware 2.0.2 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

EMAIL ME AT: martian23@ymail.com

PLEASE!!!!!!!!ASAP!!!!!

• emerson
    emerson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hey I currently just fixed my unlocked jb 1.1.4 from after a few long vigorous hours/days. I updated through itunes because my phone froze after installing too many apps at once and rebooted. Well itS okay now but I NEED TO HAVE THE 2.0 UPGRADE. I guess my question is will this method be safe to to upgrade MY iphone (an unlocked jb 1.1.4 that was recently restored through using winpwn and ziphone and ki phone. Please help those apps in apstore on itunes are only available for 2.0 and i dont want to re-unlocke jb it again. thhanks

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

I took the prompt on iTunes to upgrade my unlocked 2G iPhone to the new software.
    After doing that all im getting is the emergency call screen and telling me to connect to iTunes.

I cannot unlock the phone again as it doesn't seem to be working at all!
    Seriously need some help!

• Tony Balaja
    Tony Balaja Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello I have tried to jailbreak my 3g and had to restore it 4 times. Can somebody please contact me? This is extremely frustrating. I would like to get all the toys like winterboard apps installer new skins but I dont know all this computer stuff. Now I am currently disabled with MS andI can get around but my computer and my iphone are really my only communications with the outside world and friends and it would be great if I can have somebody jailbreak it for me? Please contact me if you know of anyone in the will county Illinois area that I can go to to get this done. I dont want to try it a 5th time and screw it up? My phone number is 630.809.1443 please let me know if there is anyone out there that can assist me? thanks