Application built in Flash Lite ported to run on the iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApplication built in Flash Lite ported to run on the iPhone

We all want the iPhone to support Flash, this was probably the reason that made many believe that iPhone 3G would support Flash by reading too much between the lines when Steve Jobs gave the demo on the new iPhone 3G during his Keynote address at Apple's WWDC 08 event....

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kevin Loughin
    Kevin Loughin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I may be a minority of one in this, but I do NOT want flash on my iPhone! I enjoy web pages free of flickering animated crap and clutter. Also, have you noticed the memory foot print and CPU usage of flash? Good bye battery life.

Really, What good is flash aside from the occasional video site or some games? Web designers over use it by a tremendous amount resulting in epileptic seasure inducing pages that make it hard to find real information.

This may change with time, but for now, flash? no thank you...

• Vinko
    Vinko Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

I agree with Kevin to a certain extent.

There are too many designers and site owners who promotes the over use of FLASH on their sites. I particularly hates the sites which are all written in FLASH and do not have alternative versions.

Having said that, there are occasions where FLASH can lend to better usability of a web site, but we are talking about sparingly use of FLASH for certain UI elements. With the introduction of AJAX techniques, this need is growing smaller and smaller.

As long as there are large number of web sites still using FLASH, there will be a need for the iPhone to support FLASH in Mobile Safari.