iPhone 3G's Battery Life is not as good as the original iPhone, but better than other 3G Smart Phone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 3G's Battery Life is not as good as the original iPhone, but better than other 3G Smart Phones

If you have just upgraded to Apple's iPhone 3G from the original iPhone, you might have noticed that iPhone 3G's battery life is not as good as your older iPhone. But before you start complaining, you might want to see how iPhone 3G performs in comparison to other 3G smart...

Read the full story here

Comments

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

but some of those allow users to change battery on the go right? I'm pretty dissapointed because my car's ipod interface no longer charges iphone, and I have serious battery problem. I driver a lot, I used to charge and listen to music while driving and it kept the battery full but now it drains battery quickly when doing that...

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

but some of those allow users to change battery on the go right? I'm pretty dissapointed because my car's ipod interface no longer charges iphone, and I have serious battery problem. I driver a lot, I used to charge and listen to music while driving and it kept the battery full but now it drains battery quickly when doing that...

• JFA
    JFA Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

Some cheap aftermarket chargers and iPod/Car integrated solutions used the Firewire cable/pins to charge. It was a cheaper way to go. 3G has eliminated support for this source of power. Wait to make sure there are new releases to this hardware and change.

My iPhone 3G Battery life is way better than my Moto Q9 Global.

Tips on improving battery life:
    1. Try to use a Push mail service rather than checking POP every 15 minutes. Push keepalive uses the bare minimum in data transfer.
    2. Switch to EDGE on low coverage areas. Because of the higher frequency used in 3G, the iPhone cell radio will compensate with even more power in low coverage areas.
    3. Keep your WiFi off unless you need it or turn off WiFi network discovery. Those will drain your juice.
    4. Make sure you don't have a rogue background process eating away your battery; particularly check that you don't have some script running on your browser (yiphone.org counter killed my battery...) Once your done with your App, there is no harm in killing its process by holding the home button for about 10 sec.

• Tep
    Tep Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi All,

Squeezing the max from a battery is quite a discipline, but definitely worth learning.

1) Know the "fuelburn" of your different apps settings.(mailfor ex))
    2) Anything Wireless needs power (3G, WiFi, Bluetooth) so torn them off if not absolutely needed.
    3) GPS is the worst drainer.
    4) Poor netork will drain more: emission strenght has to be increased thus more consumption, I would swich to a stronger EDGE if available rather than weak 3G.

With a good network coverage here in Paris, I can go 2 days with the iPhone classic...(some Browsing, consistent e-mail exchange)

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Quote:
    When you buy the latest version of any product, you expect it to be better than its predecessor in all respects. It might not be the case.......

The same goes for presidential candidates too. We got Bush wacked with the i`phone too...

Paying for 3G n not getting it...This of course is AT&T fault and creating a phone with extra battery life that doesn't have the extra life...I was telling myself the same thing. The older iphone has better battery life. We need more i~towers.....

Even though Edge has been shut off along with wii fi. Something else is eating up the juice behind the scenes in iphone 2.0..If there was an Activity Monitor Widget for the i-phone 2.0, am sure we could all see who's eating all the Cheetos.

I have the http://www.solio.com/charger/ solar power charger and it works on an old iphone/ipod too/ipod touch and classic ipod.

When I plug the solar charger into the 3G i~phone it won't work unless the Solio is recharged to the max. So the 3G iphone needs more power than any of the older apple devices just to run basic features.

Thought it had something to do with disappearance of Solar Flares not creating enough sunlight to charge the solar device but not even the new i-phone will measure up to current technological eco-friendly devices....

love my i~candy......

• Dane
    Dane Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I bought the new iPhone 3g, in hope it would work a little better in Chicago, I'm extremely disappointed how bad the service is in Chicago, its a joke! Cannot wait to jailbreak this new 3g and put in a Tmobile sim card.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Maybe there is poor 3G service cause the lines are wet... Remember the days of dial up and experiencing super slow internet reaching the point of frustration where you'd call the internet provider to see what's up and they'd say:

It's because the lines are wet....

Hummm

Actually it's all a conspiracy! The 3G i~phone was not for us here in the U.S. 3G was created so the rest of the world can have an i~phone...3G is standard technology abroad...We are still catching up...

The government doesn't want you to know....

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

why are they comparing the original iphone's edge & wifi use with 3g...this kind of comparison is pointless. i need a comparison of a 3g using edge and the original using edge.

• jackie
    jackie Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Let's start a rumor:

The back of the NEXT iPhone should be a solar-panel that charges the battery... in any light.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Hey… I have recently read this post which says that a student manages to increase iphone battery life by 12 times… How is this possible… do read it http://www.weekwill.com/a-student-increases-iphone-battery-life

• h4xorMC
    h4xorMC Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Crapple's battery life sux. Compared to any of my Blackberries (to include the Storm and Storm 2). Blackberries have the longest battery lives of any smartphone on the market with same capabilitiers (wifi, 3g, bluetooth, plus they are all 624MHz. I own an iPhone 3G (jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mo) and highly modified (software wise) it is a great device...but stock its just ****!