Excerpts from Live Chat with iPhone Dev Team

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Excerpts from Live Chat with iPhone Dev Team

You might have just watched the video clip of what the iPhone Dev Team claim to be the worlds first jailbroken iPhone 3G. If you are done watching the videos and want some questions answered. No problem! Erica Sadun over at TUAW just had a live chat with Pytey of...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Nonsanity
    Nonsanity Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

You say: "It also appears that App Store might not work with the jailbroken iPhone and we will need to depend on the Installer app to install the native iPhone apps."

But from the chat log: "pytey - Yes, AppStore and Installer.app and cydia will all coexist fine."

So they should both work at the same time.

• Nerds
    Nerds Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Okay, I will admit, I need Help!

I have Iphone(1.4) and I want to upgrade to 2.0 I have t-mobile as a service, and use windows vista. I know its a dumb question so please no haters, just someone who wants to help someone else out! thanks!

Nerds
    nerdnuts@gmail.com

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

The ideal first step would be a jailbroken phone where the apps from Installer.app and one's from Appstore can coexist. An unlocked 3G phone would be the icing on the cake. I'm an AT&T customer and can live without unlock for a while.

Regards.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Nerd Nuts:

Q: Will unlocking be available for 2G iPhone upgraded to 2.0?

Pytey: Yes, PwnageTool 2.0 unlocks 1st gen. phone. (even if it was upgraded to 2.0)

Sounds good I can't wait. Perhaps the comparable solution would be to leave the AppStore off the Jailbroken phone and leave the new version of the Jailbroken Store for the JailBroken i~Phone.

This way end users and Apple won't feel security has been compromised and everybody is happy. After all there are 10 million more downloads waiting to happen since the other apps were not approved by Apple.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Nonsanity,

Thanks for highlighting it, I seemed to have missed out that question (quite an important one), I have updated the post accordingly.

cheers!

• leaz
    leaz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thanks for all the informative info.
    I hate to say, but I'm a bit disappointed where the new Pwnage Tool won't unlock the 3G phone. Unlike many other iPhone users, I don't need the jailbreak that bad. Oh well...guess that's life.
    Maybe I just need to stick with my old crappy phone for a while till they find a way to unlock it.
    I wish the dev team all the best while unlocking the 3G phone.
    Hope I can get the program by X'mas.

• GTR
    GTR Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the update!
    I have major problems with my 1.0..2 iPhone, I wonder if I should update to 1.1.4 or still wait for 2.0. I guess I'll wait to be surprised by the new firmware.

• Victor
    Victor Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Hey,
    Sorry guys if this is a no brainer but I'm would like to get this clarified.

So if i have a Unlocked iPhone (1.1.4) and I upgrade to (2.0) then my iPhone will be completely unlocked...
    And if I have an 3G iPhone, I can't use other sim cards after the Pwnage Tool has been used..???

• Spencer
    Spencer Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Exciting stuff! I doubt I will change from 1.1.4 anytime soon. I have this phone tweeked to fit my needs to a glove. I rarely ever turn on my computer anymore so when all these Installer apps like iComic, ORB, Last.FM and ScummVM work I'll switch over. By then I am hoping that the process will be relativly bug free...

Has the Dev team been working with the creator of ziPhone?

• muller
    muller Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am having a problem with my iphone, I have jailbroken it and installed winterboard, but after downloading some themes...the springboard crushed and required that I restart the springboard or re-boot, I did all these but it remains the same; with a grey background and writing that its running on 'safe-mode'. I then went to general settings and RESET SETTINGS, thats when it restart with a fine springboard, but with no theme activated, the moment I activate any theme or just anything in my winterboard...the springboard crushes again. I have restored it, jailbroken again...downloaded some themes...and now its happening again. why do my winterboard themes crush my springboard? please help

• Jyotasna
    Jyotasna Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I followed the steps to unlock my Iphone 3g 3.0
    I used redsn0w and installed Cyndia and icy. however when I add in sources the >>" rel="nofollow">http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com>>> I get this message>>>
    "Didnot find repository" The indicated repository couldnot be found. this could be because you are trying to add a legacy Installer repository (these are not supported). Also, this interference is only capable of working with exact repository URLs. If you host a repository and are having issues please contact the author of Cyndia with any questions you have...

PLEASE HELP