Steve Jobs: iPhone 3G had a stunning opening weekend, one million iPhone 3Gs sold and 10 million app

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSteve Jobs: iPhone 3G had a stunning opening weekend, one million iPhone 3Gs sold and 10 million apps downloaded

Steve Jobs announced that "iPhone 3G had a stunning opening weekend" as sales have surpassed one million units on Sunday within three days of its launch on Friday, July 11th. He pointed out that “It took 74 days to sell the first one million original iPhones, so the new iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Douceswild
    Douceswild Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

almost four days after launch and some features on people's iPhones STILL not working, including mine, should they REALLY be bragging? C'mon REALLY?

• Kane2007uk
    Kane2007uk Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

I'm with you on that one, I still have my 2G and awaiting on a decent jailbrerak/unlock before going to 2.0, and I've seen lots of posts on various forums saying that 2.0 is very unstable, the App Store is prone to crashes, and Apps/GAmes crash quite often as well as lock up the device...sounds to me this was a rush release, the fact they sold so many 3G's means nothing if they then get tons of returns due to shoddy software.

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

@douceswild: How are you "with [him]" when you yourself have not used the firmware, and are complaining of no available jailbreak which is obviously something Apple hasn't endorsed or developed their product for?

I don't recommend believing every word in forum posts as half of the people complaining have no experience in using phones, despite the iPhone's simplistic design.

I will not deny I've had the occasional crash (normally nothing critical), but it's definately not the issue people without $199 to spend demonstrate as a way of impairing sales or whatever their useless, biased reviews yack on about.

I've written this message via my 2.0 iPhone and I have nothing to complain about, and you shouldn't either.

• Kane2007uk
    Kane2007uk Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

If you had a brain you would see i'm the one agreeing with douceswild, moron...just look at appleiphoneschool.com, the site owners themselves started their 2.0 unstable thread, so do reserch before you run your mouth.

Just because YOU have only have one or two crashes does not mean others aren't experiencing worse, we just don't agree it's been a successful start the FW clearly needs an update to fix plenty of issues already, that isn't very successful to me, that is called rushing out a product to meet deadlines, and to satisfy Apple lemmings like you.

• Ajay
    Ajay Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Alright folks here's the real question about the iPhone 3G:

Will it get you laid?

Any comments?