Apple: iPhone 3G's Screen are Bit Yellowish by Design

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple: iPhone 3G's Screen are Bit Yellowish by Design

There have been quite a few complaints from users of the new iPhone 3G since it was released on Friday. The new iPhone 3G users believe that their screens are defective as they have noticed a "yellowish" hue when compared with the original iPhone which had a cooler blue tint....

Read the full story here

Comments

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

hue wanna know something... I'd like to know where the extra battery life is...Am on the train right now using my Solio Classic Solar charger to juice up my iPhone which is a lemon... I really don't see a difference with 3G speed because I don't get it where I live...but I love the movie app n the live news video feeds....I lowered my brightness n turned off 3 G to conserve energy...I don't see hue problems right now...but will let hue know later...I have noticed some delay when returning to home screen..ocassional temp black screen with white dot in the middle...hue know what I mean...

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

It's definitely a warmer color than my 6/07 8gb iPhone, and a bit warmer than my 2/08 16gb iPhone, but after a couple of days, it doesn't seem as warm/yellow.

I've heard some say it's something to do with burning in or burning off something from the manufacturing process, but I suspect it's really just that you get used to it after a couple of days.

I'm doing the restore to a later build of the firmware thing mentioned on other sites right now, but not to address the screen; I am hoping it will stop some of this constant crashing App Store apps like AIM and Weatherbug are giving me.

• Jeesh!!!
    Jeesh!!! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This screen color bites it HARD!!!

Psssst.......all you highly educated apple people...
    IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!

I thought I had malaria all weekend and my vision was turning vomit brown. Screw your "warm" we WANT OUR COOL BLUE!!!

• ktown8
    ktown8 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The warmer color isn't much of a problem when viewing the main screens, pictures and apps, but there is a much noticeable difference when you are watching movies. The picture doesn't look near as crisp and the "warmer" color gives movies too dark of a tint. I watch a ton of movies on my iPhone while I travel and this is a major complaint of mine. I would sacrifice blue pictures for a better video viewing experience. Maybe it's just me?

• Roland
    Roland Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

To Bob Borcher:

(Anyone having the possibility to forward this to Bob should please do so!!!)

Me and millions of others rather prefer to have 8300 Kelvin color temperature on the iPhone 3G, because white is then white and gray is gray; at the moment, e.g. gray colors like a green-gray mold (würg).

So PLEASE deliver urgently an update/patch where I find an adequate menu entry under "Settings" to select color temperature manually between 6800K...8300K.

MANY THANKS!

I am really wondering, why things this is not already part of "Settings" menu.

Regards,
    Roland

• Dominique
    Dominique Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm a director of photography and I use my Iphone to show professional videos or pictures. Please mister Borcher, give us a setting possibility for the color temperature of the screen.

The yellowish screen is stupid!!!