iPhone App Store Apps Hacked - Is it Good News?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
iPhone App Store Apps Hacked - Is it Good News?

A group of hackers claim to have hacked Apple's DRM on Sega's Super Money Ball for the iPhone and many more iPhone games. I must admit I never saw this coming as Apple's FairPlay DRM has been used for so many years to protect content sold on iTunes stores. It...

Read the full story here

Comments

• neo
    neo Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Mo' money mo' problems.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

I think that most pirates would be willing to shell out the $10 for a game they like. It's easier, you can be sure to get updates as soon as they come out and they tend to support that which is worth supporting. Apple's fatal flaw in the AppStore is that there are no demos available. I for one am not going to spend $10 on a game I might not like and I have no way to try before I buy. This makes grabbing a cracked copy much more appealing. If I like it and play it then I will buy it - if not it will get deleted. Needless to say, SMB is getting deleted and I sure am glad I didn't have to pay $10 to learn that I don't like it.

• Spurlock
    Spurlock Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

you are so right. i say hack them all

• Jdeath
    Jdeath Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

First, most people who pirate the game would not pay for it in the first place. I would not and will not pay $10 for monkey ball on the iPhone. If it were free, or I could have it free, then I would have it for sure. Second, apple's revenue split is horrible at 70/30... Makes not much incentive to make a killer app I'm the first place. More money can be made from ads anyway, more likely. Companies should do what the twitter client does and offer a free version and a paid version without ads. It's like shareware... People can get shareware for free, but they will still pay for it if they like it. Those that don't pay for it probably never would either way, but guess what... They will still make an app more popular and share it with friends, so if 10% pay for a product, more people pirating=more people paying! I'd rather get paid by 10% of a million people than 100% of 1,000. That's still 10x as much profit for me!

• Gabriel
    Gabriel Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Stealing is never good news.

• applelover
    applelover Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i don't think cracking is going to hurt apple. if cracking in general does hurt then microsoft or windows would not have stayed and topped the market for so long!just google and u will find torrents for windows sf...as someone said b4 the worst part apple did is not putting any demos for apps??i bought supper monkey ball based on huge promotion from apple and a reputable gaming co. sega but let me tell u that game s***s!b4 that i was so tempted to buy netter's anatomy flash cards but this one experience just made me think twice and i m not going to spend money on apps...!

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

i have just put them on my iphone and there ok but am happy i did not pay for them (Super Monkey Ball and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D) its wrong but such is life they should do demo's then people can try the game's and app's i know that wont help this but they should do that

• Spencer Thayer
    Spencer Thayer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Excellent news! Like Spurlock said the 70/30 is bullshit. The share agreement among a myriad of other bullshit things greedy ass Apple does ($199 for a glass replacement for a 2G) was bound to get Apple what it deserves. More cracked applications and software. Hopefully someday apps for the iPhone will be as easily accessible as Sony PSP games. CRACK AWAY HEROS!

• Luís Davim
    Luís Davim Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I don't think this is good jailbreaking is one thing stealing is another completly diffrent thing and this is stealing... :(
    I payed for my I phone And I think I should be abble to install whatever I want in it but not stollen software!!!!!

Please don't support piracy...

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

True, though I wish there was some sort of preview to these apps other than screen shots.

This is pretty lame. Hacking $10.00 apps...It can get expensive but if you only buy what you need or use you think youll be using, things will be fine.

Jailbreaking and unlocking is great since it's for your own personal gain..But stealing from the app store is pretty low.

• alexg626
    alexg626 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

It is just like the movies. I buy a bootleg movie if its good then I'll go watch it in the theater. When I download a cd if I like i'll go buy the cd. If the movie and the cd are crap then SORRY i am not going to buy them. Same with the apps if i can try them out for free and i like it i'll buy it cause I would want the developer to make better or more games.

• se23
    se23 Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

yep should have had demo's. And I agree with last post. I dl transformers and liked it so much I & 5 mates went cinema and I even brought the DVD for near £20. Hacked apps will only affect the apps that ain't worth the money or don't off demo's

• urherenow
    urherenow Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

you don't need command line tools. WinSCP (on windows)is all you need and it's all point&click to get'r'done

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

This may be parsing, but there's a difference between being a pirate and a thief. Anyone with a jailbroken phone i consider a pirate. You're still paying for a phone service, but you get to choose which one and you get to support third party app developers. All the pro crack arguments above are the same old arguments that were made about downloading music, and look what that did to the musicians. Yeah, it's great to stick it to the Man, but while you're doing that, you're sticking it to the people who spend the time to increase your enjoyment of your iPhone. Oh, and as for demo apps, the App Store has them. They're called FREE.

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

I think that the actual percentage of people that jailbreak their iphones would actually be quite small and the amount of people willing to use a command line would be even smaller.

I don't support piracy but what i'm trying to say, is that developers would still get quite a lot of money from their Apps.

• YourMomKnowsMyName
    via Wordpress

Man y are some people so Dumb, all your going to get by not paying for the app Is No MORE APPS b/c who wants to make something and not get paid for it! Everyone here wants to get paid for their hard work like the next man. Wake up and think about, if you don't have the Money to pay for it SAVE YOUR CRACK MONEY then you can get it!!

• YourMomKnowsMyName
    via Wordpress

Man y are some people so Dumb, all your going to get by not paying for the app Is No MORE APPS b/c who wants to make something and not get paid for it! Everyone here wants to get paid for their hard work like the next man. Wake up and think about, if you don't have the Money to pay for it SAVE YOUR CRACK MONEY then you can get it!!

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

This is NOT good news, at all. Super Monkey Ball is an AWESOME game. I agree that Apple definitely needs demos for the app store. Anyone who won't pay $10 for Super Monkey Ball because they don't think it's worth $10 should not be able to play the game.

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

SUCK A NUT YOU FAG

corporations like apple are swarming in money, WOOO PIRATING!

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Here's what gets me. I used 2 g iPhone and used installer and had tons of great free apps. Now I upgraded. 2.2.1 unlocked/ jailbroken. And now the same free apps I had in installer are now 99 cents in the app store . Pretty lame I think. Seeing as they always use to ask for a donation. Much better idea in my book. As I gave a donation the first time and now can't even get the new version. Go hackers. Or better yet. Go app creaters who will give away for free and ask for donations.
    Ltr

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

I believe it may be a bad thin in a long term. But you need to know that itunes stone is not available in every countries (my case) so if i dont find it in taringa (for ex) i cant get it

• harjeet
    harjeet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Now we can download apps and play those on Iphone.