Popular Native iPhone Application - Installer App's Progress Report

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePopular Native iPhone Application - Installer App's Progress Report

The native iPhone app, Installer app made it very easy to install unofficial native applications on the hacked iPhone, instantly making it one of the most popular native applications with iPhone users prior to iPhone firmware 2.0. No wonder it was greatly missed when the iPhone Dev Team's Pwnage Tool...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tiom
    Tiom Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

>> [...]
    when the iPhone Dev Team's Pwnage Tool v2.0 installed only [...] Cydia and not the popular Installer app [...]>Q: I had some awesome program on my old phone that i got from installer, how do i get this from Cydia ? Cydia sucks and i hate it :(.

A: That software probably doesn't even exist on iPhoneOS 2.x. Apple changed many things recently, and most software that existed before (really, all software) is now gone. You will have to be patient and wait for this software to be ported before you can get it again. This has nothing to do with Installer vs. Cydia.<<

First: At time of release of Pwnage2.0 there was no Installer.app compatible with iPhone2.0Software out yet.
    Second: Even if there was, all the software in Installer.app was compiled to run under 1.14 or similar, but _not_ 2.0. So, if you had Installer.app under 2.0, all the software you used to have were not to work.

See also: http://www.saurik.com/id/1

• Carmelo Lisciotto
    via Wordpress

Good info, thanks!

Carmelo Lisciotto

• sheryl
    sheryl Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Ditto!! I have both old and new iphones and I'm going to miss the old apps which I've come to love tunewiki ,themes,snapture,swirly mms which I actually purchased!!

A new iphone without MMS.. That sucks!!!

Sheryl

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

can't wait...I went back to 1.1.4 after I installed 2.0 and realized that appstore sucked and so did cydia...waiting for installer 4.0 to be release then I'll definitely upgrade.

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks but sorry guys installer.app has been taking out by Apple due to the iTune Store. Most of the software programmers would rather to release the software in iTunes Store and charge for a cheap price than for free. In the beginning there was a lot of program to dl, almost all of the programs that I have seen in installer.app are now for sale in iTune Store and It' not really so expensive. I rather pay to support them to publish more software in the feature than killing them.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I finished downloading installer app and I see the icon and I can search through different apps. My problem is once it's installed, I am not seeing the icon on my iphone. I am not sure what else to do. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me fixing this problem. Also, one of my main reasons why I installed "installer" is to have my iphone have a background pictures and also use "DOCK" feature. I am not seeing Dock feature on any of those packages. Thank you.

• windows 8
    windows 8 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity to your publish is just nice and that i could suppose you are knowledgeable on this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to snatch your feed to stay updated with impending post. Thank you one million and please keep up the enjoyable work.