iPhone Open Source Tool Chain ported to iPhone firmware 2.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
iPhone Open Source Tool Chain ported to iPhone firmware 2.0

We had the iPhone Dev Team releasing their Pwnage Tool 2.0 to jailbreak, unlock and activate iPhone firmware 2.0, then we had iPhone hacking expert Nate True figure out a way to tether jailbroken iPhone 3G to the laptop, and now we have news that iPhone hacking community has successfully...

Read the full story here

Comments

• NerveGas
    NerveGas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

NES.app installs through Cydia, or you can download the source and build it yourself on the iPhone.

• M. Moore
    M. Moore Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Awesome work guys, thanks!!

• JohnT
    JohnT Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

WINPWN 2.0 aka windows version of pwnage tool has been released i was the first to post this i beleive http://tinyurl.com/winpwn2-0

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

This is really cool! They also fixed the NES emulator. It works better than the games sold in the app store.

If you are playing an NES game and hit the home screen you can navigate the iphone check weather/make a call etc and then continue playing the game you're playing by clicking back on the NES...

Cool!

• Humor4Fun
    Humor4Fun Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

So, I downloaded winpwn 2.0 and was messing around with it, and forgot that my phone was usb connected. So now my phone (2.0, 2g) is in recovery mode, and I can't get it out. I do not want to have to do a firmware restore cause that would suck. Any suggestions? I have tried iLiberty (failed) and ziphone(failed) neither can see the phone as plugged in.

• JohnT
    via Wordpress

no humaor u cant get it out because u are actually in dfu now so it is impossible to get out without restoring

• Diablo
    Diablo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Nice Tool ... i´ll check this soon.

• Humor4Fun
    Humor4Fun Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

No it's recovery I'm pretty sure. Because Doesn't DFU have a different color background? this was a plain black screen with the usb cable and itunes logo. not the Red background with usb and itunes. Anyways I have restored to the custom Firmware via the old process posted a few days ago for windows. The new winpwn does not work with XP Pro. it's taken me 4 hours so far to backup, restore, resync, and reinstall programs. almost done now, all that's left is the podcasts and then a final backup. Backing up the iphone takes FAR too long considering the amount of data it needs to store.

• JohnT
    via Wordpress

sorry for your loss RIP humor's firmware rotf

• Tayber
    Tayber Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This should all be a reminder to Google that they are on the right track with their strategy for the Android. It's bad PR to be battling with the people that have the most innovative things going on with their hardware, and it doesn't seem to work! Maybe Apple will learn from this...sony, microsoft?

• JohnT
    via Wordpress

i guess
    but the iphone is still the best phone ever even though it has its flaws