iPhone Dev Team Release Pwnage Tool 2.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev Team Release Pwnage Tool 2.0

The iPhone Dev Team have just released their much awaited Pwnage Tool 2.0 which can jailbreak and unlock the original iPhone running firmware 2.0. It can also jailbreak iPhone 3G, but no unlocking solution for iPhone 3G as of now. The details of their Pwnage tool and download link are...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Gatchek
    Gatchek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked perfectly for me (old iPhone w 2.0). No problems so far! GREAT work as always!!

• daryoon
    daryoon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Works great with 2G iPhone that was upgraded to 2.0. Went through the advance mode and uncheck the custom boot and restore logo. By default, those logo are replaced with Pwnage Team's pineapple logo and a cartoon character of Mr. Jobs.

Word of advice. If you get to the question about whether or not your iPhone was pwned before. Just choose yes. Then put your iPhone in DFU mode by following instructions found on the internet and then simply restore the custom firmware the Pwnage tool created.

Good job Dev Team!

• vw2
    vw2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i get to the screen that says "Failed to enter DFU mode". how can i get past that?

• GTR
    GTR Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the news! It seems awesome, however I only have PCs, does anyone know how much longer it will take for the windows version to come out? Also any bugs with this 2.0 version yet?

• JuJu
    JuJu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I NEED A WINDOWS VERSION OF THIS!

PLEASE!

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Looks like the repo man is preventing my download.
    This is the error i got:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /repofiles/nonrepo/PwnageTool_2.0.zip on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Will try using a proxy.....

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Will this work with a unlocked 2g iphone with the 1.1.4 firmware installed on it?

• K1
    K1 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Im gettin an error saying that iphone can not be restored due to error 6 ???? any help plzzzzz

• Wendy S
    Wendy S Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Luis: this is for people with firmware 2.0. You want to use earlier tool or Ziphone 3.0 to unlock your iphone

Anon: trying restore and it to original state and then retry. I would go to DEV Team Blog. Others had that problem!

The software works great, but you have to have mac or Mac OS.
    It was a bit tricky for me, and I'm a computer geek.

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

hey guys the servers are probably slow so download via bittorrent- it took me about a minute!
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/1612437

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Phone is doing the Apple Restore,,,Got an error 6. Will try again.

• Drew
    Drew Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

has anyone done this on a iPhone 3g? Does it work?

• Gihad
    Gihad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

k1.........this does work for 2g iphone with 1.1.4 firmware.

• T. Payne
    T. Payne Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

has anyone tried to use a Emulator like VMWare running Mac OS X and got this to work on a windows machine? If so could you post the software you have used and the steps you have taken to get it to work?

• swhit
    swhit Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The article above states that it will install the Installer.app. However, the only one I am able to find is Cydia.

Does anyone know how to get the Installer.app loaded on 3g?

Thanks!

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

for those of you who can't get past 'failed to enter dfu mode' or error 6, go into ~/library/itunes, and create a new folder called 'device support'. MAKE SURE THAT IT'S IN YOUR USERNAME, NOT JUST FROM MAC HD/LIBRARY/ITUNES. that is the trick!

• Juan Andres
    Juan Andres Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

AWESOME MAN, GREAT CONGRATS TO IPHONE DEAV TEAM
    Here at Colombia I've just did the Jailbreak and it worked perfect acording to "Gatchek" instructions in a previous comment.

Thanks for everything!

:D

• urherenow
    urherenow Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

There is a way to do it with Windows. Download an already custom 2.0.ipsw via bittorrent, PWN your 1.1.4, install boot neuter and neuter your iphone, then enter DFU mode, plug it in, and shift click itunes (must be 7.7) restore button and pick the custom 2.0.ipsw

more detailed info @sleepers.net

• hemi
    hemi Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Ya all worked great but 1 thing is wierd.... no installer app?? Cydia is there witch is nice but I love the installer app!! any help would be fantastic!!!

• Harpoon
    Harpoon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Is there somewhere a Windows Version of the tool?

• Harpoon
    Harpoon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

ok just found your post juan andreas... i think i'll wait for winpwn...

many thx!

• Srini
    Srini Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

WORKS On WINDOWS TOOO>... FOLLOW THESE instructions.. IT WORKED for ME :))))

Step 1: Use WinPWN 1.0 To PWN Your 1.1.4 iPhone. If you need WinPWN Get it at:

http://www.winpwn.com/files/winpwn_1.0.0.3_RC1_Setup.zip

WinPWN will ask for an IPSW you should use the 1.1.4 IPSW. Here is the link:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4313.20080226.Sw39i/iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw

Step 2: Install BootNeuter (Available Via Installer use the old 1.0 version it basically preps the phone).

Step 3: Run BootNeuter and have it Neuter your iphone

Step 4: Make sure your iTunes version is at 7.7

Step 5: Grab a pre-created IPSW Made with PWNAGE 2.0 Mac. If you don't have one made you can grab one here:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4305453/iThor__s_iPhone_2.0_Custom_Firmware_Vanilla_(5A347)
    Step 6: Grab ZiPhone to get into Recovery Mode EASILY (http://download.ziphone.org)

Step 7: Run Ziphone & Jump your iPhone into NORMAL Recovery mode (available via advanced settings area in Ziphone) -- This is the most straightforward way to get it into the proper restore mode

Step 8: In iTunes Shift+Click the Restore button and find your custom IPSW Firmware file.

Step 9: The restore occurs. Then you should see bootneuter automatically come up (this is pwnage unlocking, activating and jail breaking your iphone).

You are DONE! ENJOY!

• Hollenstein Marco
    via Wordpress

Seems not to work with a Swisscom chip. I tried it twice in simple and expert mode but always the same after restart I can only make emergenc calls and iTunes says always the SIM card inserted does not appear to be supported.

Geet marco

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

it says no Bootloader 3.9 file can be found - can someone post a link for it ?

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

This might sound interesting to some of you but before i tried Pwnage today to update to 2.0 i did an itunes updated to my 1.1.4 ziphone jailbreak, activate and unlock. The interesting part was after update on itunes i got the activation screen but my phone was still unlock to tmobile, so i called it with another phone and i was able to answer the call. I guess it Ziphone unlock is somehow a permanent unlock at aleast for mine because the same thing happened from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 and this is the second iphone since 1.1.4. Just thought i will share that

Now for the rest of the processes, turning your phone on or off won't do any good from the start since you are just creating your custom firmware, i tried mine twice with and without the phone connected and it didn't make any difference all worked fine.
    Secondly for the people with the dfu problem, there is a counter in the screen when it ask you to turn the phone off and when you turn it off, just follow the counts and it will work like charm, i tried mine twice the first time and released that the dev team did a good job by making sure the timer is the exact to put your phone in dfu.
    Another thing, you will have to download the bootloader version for your iphone but it doesn't matter when you save it, Pwnage will find it just like it will your bootloader. I will also recommend you don't rush but take your time and if possible use expect so you can see what you are doing

lastly are Thanks so much to the Dev team for making me know what it feels like with this noise about the 2.0 firmware.

Finally to end all for my own preference even thought everything on mine works fine and network is great, though i want my installer back,i think Ziphone's earlier version was the best and i hope he comes up with something soon and i sure will change to his.

I will be glad to answer any question posted to me since i have unlocked 17 phones already and none with any bugs so far

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

After MUCH ado, I believe I have succeeded, only because I have witnessed the pineapple and now have Cydia on my screen. But how do I know for sure that my phone is jailbroken and unlocked?

It would be awesome if the geeks that wrote this stuff could somehow stop speaking Klingon in order to communicate with the rest of us. (Yes, I am jealous that I'm not smart enough to speak the lingo). Respectfully, when in advanced mode, the rest of us have NO idea what these guys are saying.

Thanks for a great work. Really!

• flo
    flo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I made the upgrade on a hacked 1.1.3 phone and it worked! I used windows and it took me about 1h. i have a swiss acount. Thanks much !

• Dipan
    Dipan Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I could get my iphone 1.1.4 (Ziphoned) upgraded to iphone2.0 using the pwnage tool. No problems there. However, cydia seems to be crashing consistently - whenever it is launched. Are others facing the same problem too? Any solutions?