iPhone Expert: Apple has included a Mechanism in iPhone Firmware 2.0 to Deactivate Malicious iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
iPhone Expert: Apple has included a Mechanism in iPhone Firmware 2.0 to Deactivate Malicious iPhone apps

iPhone expert, Zdziarski has discovered something interesting during his forensic examination of iPhone 3G. He has found a remote URL which suggests that Apple has included a mechanism in iPhone firmware 2.0 to deactivate malicious iPhone apps already installed on the iPhone. Jonathan “NerveGas” Zdziarski has published the iPhone Open...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Helen
    Helen Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

It should take about 2 months for a hacker to figure out how *HE* can also deactivate your iphone apps. If 1 person can do it... why not another?

That's why smart programmers NEVER put such a back-door in their code.
    If 1 person can use that method... why can't another user?

• NM1_STUNNA
    NM1_STUNNA Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

^^^^^ what she said!!!!!!!

• iDrizz
    iDrizz Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I wonder how long until they can also make it deactivate unofficial apps downloaded via installer/cydia..

• Simo
    Simo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

The use of the term "malicious iPhone apps" is misleading.

"...this has been added to disable applications that the user has already downloaded..."

This refers to official App Store downloads, not applications (or any other files) you might have placed on your phone outside Apple's official channels.

• Danton Vale
    Danton Vale Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Great information about Apple iPhone..!

• randy
    randy Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I don't think we have to worry about about THIS issue deactivating unofficial cydia/installer apps. Now that this information is published, I am sure future of firmware hacking programs will include some sort of function to deactivate/overwrite this URL.

• OiC
    OiC Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Apple = Big Brother? Who are they to say which applications should be deactivated, especially if it's one I paid for. Are we credited for this?

Side Note: They can create code that can deactivate software already installed wirelessly, yet they can't find a solution for copy and paste?

• leonardo sanchez
    leonardo sanchez Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Informacion en español!!!!!

• simon templar
    simon templar Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Once you buy the iPhone, it's yours.
    It should not matter to Apple what application is in it, and weither or not it's hacked. You own it. If it blows the warranty away, it's one thing. But this is not fair nor legal. Hopefully, someone will go to court against this. As if you bought a car, but then the dealership would remotely stop your radio if you changed it for a better one.

• kody epperson
    kody epperson Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

lmao if you click on the link...:

"Description" = "Being really bad!"; "App Name" = "Malicious"

• leeann
    leeann Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have brought an iphone but it was blocked to o2 so i got jail break and then messed up by upgrading my phone now will now do anything and has the "death message on it" please help some body i have tried everything
    Thanks

• Zeta
    Zeta Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Lol actually some car companies are trying to instal a kill switch in your car so when you miss a payment... no car that day. Also a lo of software, like sony software, states that you do not own it but you can use it kind of user agreements. Microsoft has a lot of that to. Wouldnt doubt it if apple had it to. These are stupid useragreements and someone should fight this... By not buying their crap and supporting them.