iPhone Firmware 2.0.1 Released for Bug Fixes

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 2.0.1 Released for Bug Fixes

Apple has just released iPhone firmware 2.0.1 which we had heard about couple of weeks back. The latest firmware update is a 249 Mb file, and you should be able to download it by clicking on the update button in the summary tab in iTunes. The update is available for...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

When I click Check for Update it says, "This version of the iPhone software (2.0) is the current version) Is anybody else getting this? I wonder if it is because mine is jailbroken? I have the 3g model, let me know please, thanks!

• Zearle
    Zearle Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Run from this update...
    Many report degraded signal.
    No perceptible speed gain...
    No change in app crashing...
    Boo

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
  • g-rod
    g-rod Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

ya the app crashing is annoying. updating to 2.0.1 for last two hours. it takes forever to restore with the few apps i had. ridiculous. im exhausted and want to go to bed this needs to hurry up. whole backup process and restore takes entirely too long.

• g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

you know it really is an absolute joke how long it takes to backup the phone, and do a restore.

i seriously no joke can do a clean install of vista on my pc three times over in the time to takes to restore my phone.

for F sake apple. are u kidding me?

• Blizzet
    Blizzet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have updated and I had NO problems at all!!!

The adressbook is much more responsive, and even the sms-typing. Thats what I've seen so far. Nice update.

• Zeno
    Zeno Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I've upgraded and there's no need to apply jailbreak again ...

• meemster
    meemster Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

When you say "If you have jailbroken and unlocked your iPhone then it is recommended that you do NOT update your iPhone," do you mean "jailbroken AND unlocked your iPhone" or "jailbroken OR unlocked your iPhone?"

Mine's JB but not unlocked.

• Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress

I can not update, keep getting error(6), any ideas?

• Anna-E
    Anna-E Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I updated last night, took about ten minutes from the start of the download to my iPhone 3G being fully functional again. I have 3 full home screens of apps. Typing, Safari, address brook all MUCH more responsive! Hooray! Now holding my breath for 2.2.0 and hopefully landscape keyboard in email/SMS and copy/paste...

• ellie
    ellie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

no matter what you ever do do not use auto iphone unlocker it is just a scam you can find the info they charge 19.99 on so many free websites they are just a SCAM!

• ISS_Jon
    ISS_Jon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

meemster,

I was getting error (6) and the iphone was dead (would show the sync to itunes logo) or the apple... but it wouldn't function (this was after having the phone for 1 day). It would say to restore and it would not restore (not sure if I had a backup or not). I plugged it into my other computer at a different location (different internet connection as well), the other pc had to download the 200+ MB download. Once it was done, my phone was usable again. I then went back sync'd with my other PC... all is ok now.

Just what I found.

Jon

• djdownfawl
    djdownfawl Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

what happened to gps turn by turn?

• SaMirakle
    SaMirakle Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I updated to 2.0.1 the day it came out. Everything seemed fine for a while but eventually I still had apps crashing and my iPhone's restarted itself about 2-3 times since the update. As far as the typing goes that's much better and more responsive. However, I've noticed a difference in Safari while browsing webpages. Now when I scroll on a page it stays still for about 1-2 seconds to refocus. During that time frame you can't zoom or rescroll anywhere else it's just frozen for a bit which pisses me off because before the update I never had that problem. I was able to scroll around a page and resize AS it was focusing itself. There are obviously still some things they need to take care of. The only difference I saw really was a change in the response time of the type pad. Whoopty doo Apple poo. Try harder next time please...