NullRiver working with Apple to get NetShare back up on the App Store

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNullRiver working with Apple to get NetShare back up on the App Store

Those of you who were interested in NullRiver's iPhone App - NetShare that briefly brought 3G/EDGE Tethering for iPhone, there finally seems to be some development. NullRiver folks seems to have finally got in touch with Apple, they have just published this on their website: "We've finally gotten in contact...

Read the full story here

Comments

• daggre
    daggre Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

AT&T really needs to change their policy on this. The amount of data going over an iPhone is now similar to the amount of data going over a PC (with all the streaming radio, etc) and they just need to get with the times.

In the rare occasion that I need to access the Internet from my laptop when there's not a WiFi hotspot around, this would be PRICELESS and would make the iPhone more competitive with other products like WinMobile, Symbian and Palm devices which already allow this (on the AT&T network BTW). Trying to hold back technology is never the answer. If they need to impose limits on their "unlimited Internet" they need to come out and say that. I don't think they do. 3G is fast enough and this app definitely needs to be "RE-Stored" (as in "put back in the store" - clever eh?)

• jwphoto
    jwphoto Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I'm a photojournalist and having the ability to send photos to clients via my laptop and FTP without having to hunt for the nearest coffee shop is crucial to what I do. I hope they get this figured out soon.

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

This really makes me mad. The iPhone is such as power device. It's easily a miniaturized Mac. But because of some nitwits from AT&T, the iPhone is prevented from it's fully capability. How can Apple sitting there allowing AT&T doing this? Apple should ashamed to be in this partnership with AT&T,

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I should also say that, we as the iPhone users, should start a partition to demand the return of Netshare and demand AT&T to make their "Unlimited" usage to be truely unlimited, after all, we pay for it and we have the right to.

• owen
    owen Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I can understand the point of view from the provider not wanting people to use there phone for 3g broadband. Is it not possible just to use the app on a Jailbroken phone?