Box Office: Another iPhone App gone missing from the App Store

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBox Office: Another iPhone App gone missing from the App Store

If the saga over the removal of Nullriver's iPhone App NetShare was not enough, it appears that another iPhone app has gone missing from the App Store. This time its Box Office, a popular iPhone app that gave showtimes for your area, along with movie synopses and images from RottenTomatoes.com...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Caco Potoso
    Caco Potoso Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

You see... that's the problem with granting someone monopoly powers on how to deal with your software. Bad apple. Time to realize that only really open systems really work well.

• K Burgess
    K Burgess Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Earlier tonight I tried to show BoxOffice to a friend, but the app would crash after I clicked it. It would not open at all. Just updated to 2.0.1 and still won't work. Just now discovered the app is gone from the Apps store. Can Apple block apps that are previously installed?

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Box Office never worked for me; it always crashed. This could be why it was removed.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

wait. who cares that box office is gone? it's a really lousy app. 3 weeks ago I used it to search for a movie and it worked well. But guess what? It's stuck in 3 weeks ago!
    According to box office, movies that have since been released haven't been and there's no way to tell it to update. I restarted, I checked general settings. Sheesh.
    Anyone with IM can be buddies with Moviefone.
    Then, using Palringo (a great free app that lets you connect to your IM platforms like AIM & Gchat) I can "talk" to moviefone and get current info.
    Good riddance Box Office.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

oh, and iPhone Hacks, shame on you for trying to stir up scandal and controversy by reporting on something so insignificant as the removal of a lousy, yet harmless application like Box Office.
    The posting and subsequent removal of NetShare, that was something. But Box Office? Please!
    What, were you trying to be the first to break this important story?

"If the saga over the removal of Nullriver's iPhone App NetShare was not enough, it appears that another iPhone app has gone missing from the App Store."

I think i threw up a little in my mouth after reading that.

• Bathroom
    Bathroom Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Then, using Palringo (a great free app that lets you connect to your IM platforms l) I can "talk" to moviefone and get current info.