NullRiver's iPhone App is Available in App Store again and It's Gone Again [Updated]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNullRiver's iPhone App is Available in App Store again and It's Gone Again [Updated]

I had just posted that NullRiver's iPhone App - NetShare briefly brought 3G/EDGE Tethering for iPhone only to be pulled down from the App Store after being available for 20 minutes. NetShare basically turns your iPhone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot, thus enabling your laptop or any Wi-Fi enabled device...

Read the full story here

Comments

• LD
    LD Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

found a blog that describes how to use in windows

http://falaris.com/?p=154

• Jeremy Wilson
    Jeremy Wilson Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

You can do this for free, with about the same amount of work.

It's still not a REAL tether, just a lame SOCKS proxy. I want REAL GSRM!

• T. Payne
    T. Payne Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

They suck again! It's saved on my iMac at home but I'm at work with my xp laptop and I just pwned it... Went to redownload it and it's mo longer avialable

• Moy
    Moy Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

I just talk to At&t, after being in wait for 1hour they told me that in the contract of an iphone 3g there are no written agreements about tether. he told me "if you paid for this app at the apple store you are getting what you paid for. If at&t does fee you it will be refunded due to this loop whole." then he told me, he will give me a notes on my account that he told me this just in case. so tether here i come.!!!!! ;) btw the app goes in and out of itunes soo if you catch it working download it asap.:)

• Moy
    Moy Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

here's whats on the news at yahoo

"Wireless carriers are understandably not happy about programs such as Netshare because they allow users to bypass their cellular networks and avoid data-access fees."

"The iPhone is not intended to be used as a tethering device and we have no plans to offer separate tethering plans for it," said AT&T spokesperson Wes Warnock. "We offer LaptopConnect cards that you can use to access our wireless data network. Those cards offer typical download speeds as high as 1.7 Mbps."

Warnock noted that AT&T wireless provides tethered access for a monthly fee on smartphones from LG, Motorola, Nokia, RIM, Samsung and others, but the iPhone is not on the carrier's list of supported devices. "For customers looking for a smartphone with tethering capability, we have many other options," Warnock said.

:) nice.. now i jsut need someone to show me how to make it work for vista and then im good!

• CdL
    CdL Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It would enormously help if the app could set up a kind of shared networking such as the apple systems do. That means that "your edge/3g connection" is shared with "the wifi clients" using NAT and a dhcp server.

Then the few pages of additional things to set up to make it work are then not necessary :-) Also the wifi should in such case carry wep protection.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Can anyone else confirm that NetShare is gone again from AppStore. Glad I got it.

• AlanB
    AlanB Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is it possible to reverse the connection? Use laptop connection for iphone??? This would be useful for Wi-Fi networks like Boingo. Could then use laptop login to enable VOIP dialing from iphone while at int'l airports for HOURS

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

It's gone from the US store again> :-(

• Jared
    Jared Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

For people who are stuck with FireFox (which seem to be a lot based on feedback), I found this link that got it to work flawless first try using Proxifier. After hours and hours, this is the easiest, quickest way.

Beginners, start with this (easiest guide to get setup) (skip everything related to FoxFire):
    http://falaris.com/?p=154

And instead of FoxFire instructions, use this (or if you know what you're doing, start here):
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=535316&page=6

• lol
    lol Posts: 79
    via Wordpress

how can carriers know that wet using our iPhones with laptops? I mean data is data right?