Simple Hack to Add Free Custom Ringtones to your iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSimple Hack to Add Free Custom Ringtones to your iPhone

One of the simplest hacks prior to iPhone firmware 2.x and iTunes 7.7 was to create free custom ringtones for your iPhone. A lot does not seem to have changed post iPhone firmware 2.x and iTunes 7.7 based on a step by step guide posted by theAppleBlog. You check out...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Here is a "much easier solution", it is also freeware. I tried it and it works great.

www.iringer.net

• Manjunath shenoy
    Manjunath shenoy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Well converting an mp3 to a .m4r you can get a full song as a ringtone and you dont need it to restrict to 30 secs..
    I did that and placed it in the folder directly after SSHing so I can have a full song as a ringtone. so try it out

• Bill
    via Wordpress

Almost forgot it is for Windows only. Sorry Mac users :-(

• karrang
    karrang Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

u know u can create custom ringtones with garage band, and have them transferred to itunes..

• Bill
    via Wordpress

Do you really need a whole song for a ring tone??? I mean 30 secs is plenty of time. Remember space is limited, besides won't your voice mail pick up before then?

• Manjunath shenoy
    Manjunath shenoy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

When 30 secs is enough for some might be not for some ....and the voicemail doesnt act up at 30 secs ....well i prefer having the whole song or wateva instead of croppin it ...tats wat im used to and i wanted tat on my iphone

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

Awesome info worked great! I got my ringtones BACK!!!

• Kane2007uk
    Kane2007uk Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

For us Windows users I just figured this way out, it probably isn't new, use WinSCP to ssh any m4a files into /Library/Ringtones then simply right click and rename the extention to m4r and they work, for good measure I changed the permissions on mine to 0755...btw I'm on 2.0

• Taylor
    Taylor Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

there is a site that i go to that makes custom iphone ringtones.

audiko.net

• D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

Everytime i make ringtones they always duplicate and there is like 5 of the same ringtones or however many ringtones i make

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

I did what was stated however theres no selection for "get info" once ive put the cut version on the desktop. I can only do things like properties..

Please help??

• mj
    mj Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

go to a folder, then click "tools" then "folder options", then "view" and uncheck "hide extensions for known file types". all your files will show the ".m4a" ect. change the "a" to a "r" and it will work.

• mj
    mj Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

(then check the box for "hide extensions for known file types" to bring everything back the way it was)

• D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

can anyone help me to stop the duplication of ringtones from showing up on my iPhone 3g

• rng
    rng Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Anybody unable to do this in 2.0.2? I successfully added a custom ringtone before, but upgrading to 2.0.2 killed my phone and I had to do a restore, and now I am unable to see the ringtones on the phone.

They still show up under the Ringtones section of my iTunes library but it will not copy over to the iPhone with a sync, and I cannot drag and drop it manually either.

• iTrent
    iTrent Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Mac users can just put the song into garage band, edit it, and export to iTunes as ringtone option. :D Just thought id throw that out there.

• cathy
    cathy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

It worked!!! I haven't been this excited since I bought the phone! I hope the next update doesn't squash this ability.

• fid
    fid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how do i make it my ringtone after i do all that i went to settings in the phone and clicked ringtones but its not there ???

• Lachlan
    Lachlan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

simple. (Windows only in iTunes 7.7.1) all you have to do is find the song that you want, get iTunes to convert it to .mp4 (convert to .acc in iTunes) copy that file to a new location (ie. the .mp4 copy) delete the .mp4 from iTunes, go to where ever the .mp4 is and rename the file extension to .mpr (requires file extensions to be not hidden => unhide in folder options) copy the .mpr into iTunes then on to your iPhone.

this has worked for me many times and i got a iPhone 3G

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

How to make an iphone ringtone THE EASY WAY!!!?
    i have been searching for days how to make a ringtone for the iphone well i now know how, without having to change to file type name as you cannot do this on vista, all you have to do is

1. go on this site and search for the song or tv theme, http://audiko.net/

2. click song and click download song for iphone

3. then click save (it will then save in itunes music)

4. then when the song is in there right click and click open with, then itunes

5. plug your iphone in and watch it sync DONE

so really quickly go on the webpage, download the song, save it to itunes music, open it with itunes and sync

ITS THAT SIMPLE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I WILL HELP IF I CAN, THANKS ALL

this was posted by david.b

• Mark Cohen
    Mark Cohen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Easiest, and free:

1. Open GarageBand (included at no charge on most Apple computers)
    2. Select the music file you want from the media browser
    3. Select your favorite 40 second segment
    4. Save as Ringtone.
    5. Sync ringtones with your iPhone

That's it.

• Darryl
    Darryl Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Awesome App. I even donated the $10. I will use this a lot.