Google Translate for iPhone Released [iPhone Web App]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Translate for iPhone Released [iPhone Web App]

Google has just released Google Translate for iPhone users thanks to Allen Hutchison, an engineering manager at Google who developed the iPhone web app during his "20-percent time" that Google gives their Engineers so that they're free to work on what they're really passionate about. You can checkout the details...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

I tried it just now and it's pretty cool. I just wish they had Thai.

• camacho
    camacho Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

LOL that's not proper Spanish on the 1st and 3rd example. 1st one should be " puede usted llevar me" and the 3rd is really bad it should be "me puede dar un café grande"

• Yosi Zituni
    Yosi Zituni Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Its nice that they bring it to the iPhone users as well but as someone already mentioned here, the translations they offer contain many times mistakes!

• Yosi Zituni
    Yosi Zituni Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Its nice that they bring it to the iPhone users as well but as someone already mentioned here, the translations they offer contain many times mistakes!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

As Nate has mentioned already, these translations are of poor quality. As a professional translator, I can say that these machine translations are very poor. However, with certain systems that are trained, common phrases etc are programmed into translation memory... a CAT (computer-aided translation) system works better. I'd like to see something like Trados or SDLX technology on the iPhone.