iPhone Ad Banned by UK's Advertising Watchdog Due to Misleading "Internet Capabilities" Claims

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
iPhone Ad Banned by UK's Advertising Watchdog Due to Misleading "Internet Capabilities" Claims

Apple's iPhone television ad that says "all the parts of the internet are on the phone" has been banned by UK's Advertising watchdog as it gives a misleading impression of the internet capabilities of the iPhone. It was only last week that Apple's iPhone 3G "Unslow" ad had created some...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

The add isn't misleading there aren't that many websites built entirely on flash to make it that important. way to remove a great add brits

• ahsan
    ahsan Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Well Definitely that ad is misleading,
    how? simply it shows full page browsing just like on a pc but actually it does not run Java and Flash.

Even other phones like Sony Ericsson and Nokia have support java and flash lite

When will apple make a complete phone. in iPhone advanced features are there but basic features are out

• Richard Conrad
    Richard Conrad Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

So what's new? Apple ads have always been exercises in overstatement and misdirection. About time it caught up with them.

• Vishal
    Vishal Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I think thats a very good move. I am sure the apple fanboys will be mad about the ruling but in my opinion thats is something that should have been done a long time ago. No doubt the phone is amazing and so is iphonehacks.com, but it has its short comings and the advertising campaign has been misleading people abt the devices capabilities from day 1, hence the huge out-cry from the masses after the purchase.

• Vishal
    Vishal Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I think thats a very good move. I am sure the apple fanboys will be mad about the ruling but in my opinion thats is something that should have been done a long time ago. No doubt the phone is amazing and so is iphonehacks.com, but it has its short comings and the advertising campaign has been misleading people abt the devices capabilities from day 1, hence the huge out-cry from the masses after the purchase.

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Everyone wants to sue companies for ridiculous things just to make quick buck.

• Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

I didn't see any mention of a lawsuit...Am I blind?

• Zeeeee
    Zeeeee Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

After watching the ad, i think it just shows some of the iphone's abilities (weather, Maps, Stocks, Safari), things it really does. I think the ad shows people how the iphone can bring the internet to their pockets, thus revolutionizing all the searches normally made from the home pc to "everywhere and when i really need it". Internet technologies or what specific site it supports are not even an issue in this matter.

• iFaunx
    iFaunx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I think there was nothing wrong with that ad! now if that ad had mentioned something about Java or Flash then let the rocks be thrown! You tell me that if you search for something on your iphone that your not gonna find it! Not only that but the entire commercial show them using apps that are available on the iphone. The majority of the world knows what an iphone can do. ne thngit cant do though! Cant be a british!