Serious Security Flaw Discovered in iPhone Firmware 2.0.2; Temp Fix Available; Permanent Fix On Its

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Serious Security Flaw Discovered in iPhone Firmware 2.0.2; Temp Fix Available; Permanent Fix On Its Way [Updated]

Gizmodo is reporting that a member of Mac Rumors forums has discovered a major security flaw in the iPhone firmware 2.0.2 that allows someone to access your data and certain iPhone apps even when you have the passcode lock feature turned on. Find out more about the security flaw and...

Read the full story here

Comments

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Well i have not updated to 2.0.2 but i just tried it on my 2.0.1 and it still have the same security issue. I was able to send text, check my mail and Dial in my favorites, get the safari to work. The only thing i couldn't do was dail a new number or get to the address book..

• lonnie
    lonnie Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

OMG!!! That f-ing sucks!! Nice little loophole to get around the 'security' lock code of the iPhone. LOL. Also, even though someone can now only get into my emergency call option, they can still make ANY call, not only emergency ones.

So while even locked, someone can use my phone and call anyone they wish and rack up my phone bill??? LOL. Too funny. You hit the Emergency Call button, it should call 911 only.

• ahsan
    ahsan Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Ok, a flaw is there, but any one with older versions tried it? since how long this flaw is there??????????

• shai
    shai Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Thanks for bringing this up, I can't believe there's such a simple flaw in the security!

• John Wen
    John Wen Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I've just tested this loop hole and found that the matter is even worse. If you get to the emergency key pad and dial any number, it'll still make a call for you as if you are in unlock mode. This is un-belivable. By the way my iphone is an jailbroken and unlocked one. I don't know if it still behave the same way under official carrier.

• Drew
    Drew Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

yeah when you hit the emergency call button you can call anyone if you know there phone number what is the deal with that. Is apple stupid like who was sleeping when they tested that one out.