More Solutions to Fix iPhone Apps Crashing Issue

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
More Solutions to Fix iPhone Apps Crashing Issue

Many iPhone users have reported that some iPhone apps crash and do not launch after updating to iPhone firmware 2.0.2. If you are one of them, then here are some solutions that you might want to try out to fix the problem. iPhone users have observed an annoying problem after...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Caco Potoso
    Caco Potoso Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Apple is becoming more and more like MS (i.e. they suck!)

• Orange
    Orange Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This is probably worse than Microsoft. Why is Apple making 2.0.2 available thru Itunes for general distribution before ironing out all the bugs.

• whitehackker
    whitehackker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

they are using the consumers as guineapigs

• Posativnrg
    Posativnrg Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

the only thing that works for me is to restoree phone as new each time it crashes. When it crashes, none of the app store apps will load and the ipod says no media on phone even thogh there is. Royal pain in the ass! Reducing the number of apps helped a little (crashes less often) but still crashes.

• Looneyhouston
    Looneyhouston Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

One of the ways to fix this issue is by completly exiting out of safari,ipod, mail,maps, and the app store since they continue to run in the background. To do this just simply open each of these apps one by one and hold the home button for eight seconds,(until the screen exits).

• cabbit
    cabbit Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

It very well could be that the 3rd party apps are causing the crashing and instability?

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

I've not had these problems with my iPhone 3g on 2.0.2. It's not been trouble free, but overall it's stable and does what it's supposed to.

I've had one or two application problems, but deleting them and reinstalling is the easy fix for me.

The real concern is that the way the iPhone stores individual applications, deleting an app, even with the intent to reinstore, will lose all user input and setings. Not a big deal for most applications, but something like a gas mileage, or food intake tracker, this could be devastating.

• Hustle Crowe
    Hustle Crowe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

@cabbit........if your phone is jailbroken just dl appbackup from cydia....it backs up all your settings and info so u can return to normal after a restore/wipe

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

@hustle crowe - I saw that appbackup thing in Cydia. It does all your different applications? I was just doing it manually with SSH, but was thinking of writing an AppleScript for my Mac to do it with my critical apps.

• DBS
    DBS Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Downgrading itunes to 7.7.043 fixes all problems once and forever!
    i fix 3 phones, just by syncing them with itunes 7.7.043

• Soufiane Qassimi
    Soufiane Qassimi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

the easiest way to solve this problem is to download any additional app adn then all the apps work just fine !

P.S. If you do'nt need the app, just delete it afterwards, the other ones will still work

• Pamela
    Pamela Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Thank you Soufiane Qassimi! It does work! My apps were not working again because of updates. None of my downloaded apps were working at all because of updates for only 2 out of about 30. None would work.

So I did what you suggested - on the iphone itself - not through itunes - I clicked on Applications and downloaded and installed a FREE app and after installing all the apps are working fine again!

I read online that Steve Jobs sent an email to an online mag that there is an update to iTunes that will fix the application update problem in September. I hope there is one soon and it finally fixes the problem.

Soufiane, this is the easiest and quickest way to fix the problem.

Thanks again

• iRooneyBR
    iRooneyBR Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If you have a jailbroken device you can just remove all files in this folder:

/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/

and then restart the iPhone/iPod.
    You may need to install any DRM app or Music, and/or Sync to iTunes.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

The only solution that i've found to work is: sync your iphone with itunes, after you are done, delete all the apps, once done that, just re-sync with itunes, and problem is solved (for me)

• Mudhoney
    Mudhoney Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I had this problem and the issue was my iTunes on my PC wasn't "authorized" with iTunes store. Once this was done I was able to sync up and it all worked fine. you do this from Store -> Authorize Computer

• LConnTX
    LConnTX Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

other sites recommend downgrade to 7.7

This is what I did & all apps ran (once trashed & re-downloaded) So I am sure your 7.6.2 will also work.

Sites suggest restore is also required

But this IS the solution. TRASH 7.7.1 & downgrade to 7.7(0) or 7.6

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

If the main phone application (mobilephone.app) is crashing, it's probably Kate that is causing problems. Uninstall it. See youtube for the step-by-step.

• AP
    AP Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

What did and didn't do it for me when Apps were frozen:

a. Simple Restore didn't work
    b. Deleting Files on the iphone as stated above, DONT really bricked the phone unable to talk to itunes 8 and 7.7
    c. Finally, deleting a LOCKDOWN folder in \Users\YourUID\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes folder on the computer

Restarting in Recovery mode next http://cybersurge.org/2008/07/31/iphone-recovery-mode-how-to/

• Kathy
    Kathy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

For no reason, my apps started crashing as described here. The only ones I could open were the ones that came with my phone. To fix it, I plugged my phone into my computer and synced my apps. Voila. All better now.

• Jazzy
    Jazzy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • Toshiha
    Toshiha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I figured it out from a friend. Download a free application from the App Store. It doesn't matter what it is. Your other apps will stop crashing :)It worked for me and a friend!