iPhone Firmware 2.0.2 Released to Probably Fix Bugs in iPhone 3G [Updated]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 2.0.2 Released to Probably Fix Bugs in iPhone 3G [Updated]

Apple has just released iPhone firmware 2.0.2 to probably fix bugs in iPhone 3G. The latest firmware update is a 248.7 MB file, and you should be able to download it by clicking on the update button in the summary tab in iTunes. The update is available for iPod Touch...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zeno
    Zeno Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Again, no need to unlock phone but unofficial apps and cydia will be stripped from your phone. If you can live with no jailbreak, go ahead and update, it woun't brick your phone.

• reviewer
    reviewer Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

The "Databases" setting was not on my update. I'm guessing it only would be if you have the Google Translate app. (I don't.)
    In addition, my phone still lags, when going to contacts for example. And my 3G service still SUCKS.
    Glad I wasted 30 mins updating.

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

appears there is yet another modem firmware update... we will see if it was as worthless as the last...

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

I noticed no more lag when I pull up contacts...but that's it.

My GPS barely works at all...I mean AT ALL. 5 minutes to locate me, and it's like a one mile radius of my location...if it located me at all.

Safari is a joke. I can't get webpages to load consistently at all...keep getting "server isn't responding". BS. Even sites like google do this.

I honestly miss 2.0.0.

Apple really screwed us with the 3g. Why wouldn't it be perfect before launch?

• SaMirakle
    SaMirakle Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

That Database feature isn't new. I'm running 2.0.1 and it showed up after visiting "translate.google.com."

Ohhhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• J.
    J. Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hmmmm... I have 2.0.1 too but do not see "Databases" after going to translate.google.com. I'm updating to 2.0.2 now, so maybe I will see it after the update.

• Ashraj Dhindsa
    Ashraj Dhindsa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have also visited translate.google.com under 2.01 and still gotten database. So that is not a 2.02 update.

• Tarek
    Tarek Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i will buy a new one this week so i need to jailbreak it to use yassim or any other so the new one i buy will it be updated or noo ?
    plz answer me fast guys

• Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Just visit google translate site and the databases field will appear.

• At0mAng
    At0mAng Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

update not restore with iTunes
    use the new quickpwn tool using the 2.01 software
    now you will have 2.02 with cydia and installer

• Gus
    Gus Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

At0mAng, where can we get the quickpwn tool.

• mojojojo
    mojojojo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have 2.0 still and databases shows up. I had already visited google translate so I don't know if it was there before.

• jonbutko
    jonbutko Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

tapping a photo in an email now brings up a "save image" menu. I don't remember that being in 2.0.1! It's about time!

Saves the image to the camera roll

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

jonbutko - that's been there ever since 2.0 came out.....all you do is click on the image and hold on it for a few seconds and the option to save pops up - works in mail and safari

• Morley
    Morley Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

after the download my 3g still does not work. When it does (which is rare) it drops out.

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

great fixed all my problems with not showing any of my music and none of my apps opening up.... thank you apple :)

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 yaya

• Lau
    Lau Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • MirthScout
    MirthScout Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I upgraded to 2.0.2 a couple of days ago. The battery definitely lasts longer now and it feels snappier (fewer long pauses when scrolling or pressing a button).

But all is not well. When upgrading iTunes reported a failure and required me to restore. So I restored and then set up by restoring from backup. An hour later it completes and iTunes detects my iPhone again and presents me with the set up screen again: set up as a new iPhone or restore from backup. I've restored from backup twice. I've rebooted my computer. I've rebooted my iPhone. I've reinstalled iTunes. The only thing iTunes will do with my iPhone now is offer to set up as new iPhone or restore from backup.

The restore from backup is successfull and the iPhone reports that it is running 2.0.2 and my iPhone hass all my data and apps (never jail broken) but no iTunes love.

Can't get through to Apple support yet either, they seem overwhelmed.

• MirthScout
    MirthScout Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

t is working again after two calls to Apple support.
    All Apple software was uninstalled, specifically:
    apple mobile device support
    apple software updates
    quicktime
    iTunes

Reboot XP.
    Install iTunes from Apple's web site again.
    Connect iPhone - same Set Up iPhone screen in iTunes.

Theorized that the problem is some kind of mis-communication between iTunes and the iPhone. The iPhone knows it is already set up but iTunes thinks it needs to be set up. Bug in iTunes? Bug in 2.0.2 iPhone firmware? Corrupted firmware load? No way to know; keep trying things...

Tried deleting sync history in iTunes. Still stuck with the iTunes screen to set up the iPhone.

Last resort - choose to set up as new iPhone.
    Success! It did not even wipe out my Notes and Calendar data as I thought it would. My iPhone apps were even still on the iPhone. All music, podcasts and photos were erased but that was easily fixed by syncing with iTunes now that I am finally able to do so again.

I have to say that the Apple support people I talked with were the most friendly customer support people I've ever encountered from any company.

• Jimmy
    Jimmy Posts: 80
    via Wordpress

Does netshare still work with 2.0.2?

• brent
    brent Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

We are rolling out iPhones in a corporate environment, and the biggest complaints have been 3G connectivity and severe limitations on battery life.

When I updated to 2.0.2, I noticed a signifigant increase in battery performance (on the order of 3x better on standby) and a slight improvment on 3G, which I would still rate as 'poor'

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

Did the upgrade last night without a hitch and successfully pwned with latest QuickPwn. Has definitely increased the speed in things like SMS and Contacts which was really annoying me... I wonder if there will be any more small updates before Firmware 2.1 because it's getting annoying re-adding all my Cydia apps after each new firmware upgrade.

• armada
    armada Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Damn!!!! the backing up ur phone takes AGES!!!! it is ridiculous

• Pra
    Pra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, is there any unlocking software for #G iPhone? please

• pane
    pane Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

What is there for jail breaking 2.2(5G77)