iPhone Firmware 2.1 Could Also be Released on Sept 9, Could Include Surprise New Features

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 2.1 Could Also be Released on Sept 9, Could Include Surprise New Features

When I had reported about Apple's special event on September 9, I had mentioned that the event will be more focused towards music and that its widely speculated that Apple will be releasing new iPod nanos and a new iPod Touch at the event. I had also mentioned that there...

Read the full story here

Comments

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

I'd like to see the slow response of the contacts app fixed. Upon opening it pauses up for a couple of seconds. Kinda annoying when you need an address or phone number quickly. Could be that it's syncing with Mobile Me?

• byronchurch
    byronchurch Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • byronchurch
    byronchurch Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Woooops sorry I guess this is the old new . I just got a replacement 3G and it must of only been 2.0 so iTunes said there was new software .

• bastian gatten
    bastian gatten Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

I would like to see MMS. Every phone out there has it except the iPhone. Every time someone sends me a picture I have to be like "send it to my email because I have the only phone in the world that cant receive Multimedia text messages. Come on Apple!!!!

• walid
    walid Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

i would like to see :-
    forward message.
    drafts message.
    MMS.
    send contacts option.
    outgoing, incoming calls.
    add alert option into notes.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I would like to see:
    - individual calender repeat alert option (who knows if I want to repeat every 10 or 15 days?)
    - individual calender alert option for events (why I cannot type individual time settings for alert notification?)
    - more speed for contacts app & calender app
    - real push service (mobileme for iPhone)
    - option to disable auto-correction for keyboard (every phone on the world can do so, but the iPhone)
    - included real GPS navigation software (like TomTom Navigation)
    There are lot more, but Apple won't hear my prayers anyway :(

Greetz

• Prix iPhone
    Prix iPhone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would like to see MMS

• Hat
    Hat Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I would like to see a video camera on the next update.....

Almost every network has an option for both MMS and video.....lets get with the program.....

• AnalogJunkie.com
    AnalogJunkie.com Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I'd very much would've loved..

Video camera
    a2dp
    copy + paste
    and MMS

I too have the problem of having friends with MMS.. and they keep trying to send me things! lol

• coMet
    coMet Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

You can take the phone off of auto correction. I also have all the things on my hacked and unhacked phone. Come on people do some research before you complain as it makes you look like idiots.

• JustinWoodypond
    JustinWoodypond Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

we shouldn't have to hack our phones to send or receive mms. That's just rediculous to call someone an idiot for not wanting to jump through hoops to send pictures.

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

I agree Justin, we shouldn't have to hack our phones to get the cool features. But, TBH, the fault doesn't lie with Apple. It's with AT&T, and the other service providers. They want to control as much as possible, and things like tethering, MMS, and the like are all features that require data transfer. Data that they can charge extra for. Still, it makes no sense that if I pay for unlimited data I still can't tether my laptop to the phone. I mean, does it really matter HOW I use the data?

Among the other features listed, COMET is correct in that they are all achievable through hacks, so even if firmware 2.1 doesn't include them, I'll get them anyways. My big beef is really the slow-ass speed of 2.0.x firmwares. The phone takes WAY too long to complete certain functions like dialing, opening apps, and even loading contacts. I want the speed of 1.1.4 please! Gimme that plus the new features and I'll be happy!

OH BTW. Expect an extra announcement regarding the iPhone at the Sept. 9th convention. ;) I'll leave you all with that.

Cheers!
    TJ

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

I want Flash for Safari!

• Tj
    via Wordpress

LOL Dan, that's true. Unfortunately it will be a few more releases before Flash comes to MobileSafari. While the iPhone can certainly handle flash, the network can't necessarily do it too. Security is also an issue, but hackers don't make viruses for Macs unless they're inebriated or retarded so I don't see the problem in using flash.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

I find after hacking my iPhone it starts to crash more often. The only reason I hack it is so I can personalize the display of the home screen and change system sounds. I wish apple would give us this freedom I want my phone to stand apart and still be under warranty and not crash as often.

• Safferman
    Safferman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would like to see the iPhone become a real business phone... Give us a call recorder.
    How many time did you wish you could hear that name or number, better yet adress someone told you on the phone this morning...

Nokia do it, Sony-eric do it... But not the iPhone.

What a shame!!!

R

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

-MMS
    -Copy/paste is especially important to me after abandoning my Palm Treo
    -flash on safari

Most of all I am annoyed at the time it takes to switch between apps and open contacts.

I have also noticed in 2.0.2 problems with service reception while wi-fi is connected. Anyone else having these problems??

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

I just want 3G to actually work!

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

Improvements for Iphone
    1. General: Louder speaker & stronger vibrate
    2. General: Cut and Paste
    3. General: Button to clear fields in Contacts, Calendar, and other tools
    4. General: Send/Receive contacts, notes, calendar events to other iPhones
    via Bluetooth
    5. Phone: Voice dialing
    6. Phone: Option on Home page for quickly switching between Edge & 3G
    7. Notes: Synchronization of Notes with desktop
    8. Notes: Search function
    9. Calendar: Year and Month pickers
    10. Calendar: User defined repeat options for appointments
    11. Calendar: User defined options for alerts
    12. Calendar: Search function
    13. Contacts: Ability to categorize contacts and filter by category
    14. General: Place configurations settings for individual tools within the
    tools themselves
    Ex.: In Ipod, add sound settings under the More menu to avoid exiting
    back to Home screen then Settings. In Photos add slide show settings. Etc.
    15. Camera: Auto-Synch Camera Roll with a desktop folder
    16. Camera: Add music to slidewhow

• Tj
    via Wordpress

Aaaaaand DJman10 wins it with the most descriptive and realistic list of demanded features! ;)

Though, TBH, some of those features you listed are already in MobileMe... like the syncing ones for pics and notes... :)

Oh, and the 3G iPhone DOES have a better speaker, by far.

But for the rest of your list, great job.

Send that **** to Apple so they can do that. OR BETTER YET: mail it directly to Steve Job's house in Palo Alto, CA. :D I'm sure he'd like some input from people that use his phone and AREN'T on his payroll.

• D-man
    D-man Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

A2DP for Blue-tooth would also be nice. Then again, I may just switch to one of the new Rim devices when they come in November. The Iphone is really lacking as far as the feature set.

• D-man
    D-man Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

A2DP for Blue-tooth would also be nice. Then again, I may just switch to one of the new Rim devices when they come in November. The Iphone is really lacking as far as the feature set.