Tip to Fix Slow iPhone Syncs

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTip to Fix Slow iPhone Syncs

Scott Paterson of UKMac.Net has reported that he might have finally found a solution to fix the slow syncing problem observed after upgrading the iPhone with firmware 2.x. Scott Paterson of UKMac.Net who had observed long sync times after upgrading to iPhone firmware 2.x stumbled upon a thread that mentioned...

Read the full story here

Comments

• John Jay
    John Jay Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options

Already connect it direct to the USB port and it is the only USB device plugged in. One phone is always slow no matter what system it is backed up or restored on, even after a complete fresh reinstall/factory restore. Even with nothing on it, it takes at least 2 hours to backup and do a sync - not even a restore of the previous data.

Whereas the second phone, on all of the same computers, works fine, never a problem.

Took it to Apple, they tested it, acknowledged it was acting slow, and said that we must have hacked the phone. So no fixy for us.

The ironic bit is that the phone which was hacked is the one that syncs quickly. The unhacked phone is the one with problems. And no, we did not mix them up - since they are tied to their sim card and have unique phone numbers.

Meh :|

• sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    Options

This is crazy.... even using USB 2.0 at its highest... you still wont get all the backup date transffer in less than 5 minutes.... unless you cancel the back up process which is not recomended if you want to restore your iphone.

• Kev
    Kev Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options

I'm surprised that few people require few hours to complete synching. Well, for me it only takes 2-3 minutes to complete. Check to see if you got the defective product. Just simple tip would be try to minimize installing applications and games on the phone. The more things installed on your phone, the longer time it takes to complete the back up. I want to see how long it takes for others to complete the synching. What about you??

• byronchurch
    byronchurch Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options

It can take hours ! There's nothing wrong with the USB connection . (direct to the back of a new iMac . I've never had a smart phone take this long to sync and I've had a few . And I had Just as much 3rd party software installed . I think they need to re-think how these things sync ! Wink Wink !

• Jelani
    Jelani Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I was syncing through my hub on my monitor... and found that it took really long to sync at times....I saw this tip and put it directly to the pc... and now i sync within 2 minutes.... before it maybe about 10-15 minutes restoring took about a good hour or two... this actually helped doing a direct plug... thanks for the tip... I will do a restore sometime in the next few days and see what kind of time i get.

• eBy Account Powerseller Business
    Options

Thanks a lot for the tips. This is a great website. I always ned help with my iphone and the hacks are great. Keep up thew gret work.

• Brady
    Brady Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options

My phone before it was upgraded to 2.0.2 took 2-3 minutes to sync, maybe 10 if it was backing it up also, directly connected to my laptop. After the 2.0.2 upgrade it takes nearly 6 hours and the ability to transfer purchases (things I bought from itunes directly from the phone) no longer transfer back. Im using the same exact computer and setup that I was using pre-upgrade. There is no reason for this. It is completely unacceptable.

• dance
    dance Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

ummm, in response to john jay, what the hell are u doing, u took the phone back to apple that wasnt hacked and they didnt fix it cos they said 'it must be hacked'? why didnt u argue that it wasnt and get them to check it out surely if they opened it up and realised there were no cydia installer etc they would do it!

• Gordon R. Vaughan
    via Wordpress
    Options

I had a similar experience to Brady. My iPod Touch was syncing quickly with 2.2. Then I upgraded to 2.2.1 and now it's taking forever. I've waited a couple of hours and the calendar sync still isn't finished. The apps backup and Contacts sync occur first and these were completed, but even Contacts takes longer than before.

There haven't been any significant changes to apps, music, etc. However, I did have to restore the iPod after the 2.2.1 update. Everything appears to be put back right, but maybe these problems are due to the update process itself?

• jone
    jone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi , I am facing a problems with syncing my contact it took more than week and until now it syncing (hasn't work yet) , although all app had been synced and installed , and thanks you all for reading these problem .
  • disqus_R9iICUuEtz
    Options
    here is a blog about how to speed up your slow iPhone, there are few things you can do like Reset network settings,Update apps,Free storage & clean junk files,Limit Widgets Use,Limit Location Services etc. You can check this out,
    https://techyuga.com/speed-up-a-slow-iphone/